Game stutters and connection issue

by SolidArt421

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game stutters and connection issue

★★★ Newbie

A while after the Legacy update I get a connection issue after I press continue in the main menu. (Connection to server timed out {code.net}) Afterwards in the lobby my game starts to stutter when ever I change game modes or try joining my friends, and then I get another server timed out message. Eventually the stuttering stops and I'm able to play normally until I have to change game modes again.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling on steam and origin, restarting my pc and internet, and made sure my drivers were up to date. 

Message 1 of 4 (364 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game stutters and connection issue

Community Manager

Hi @SolidArt421

Can we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop the error messages you've been seeing? 

When you have the chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection steps from the EA Help website. If you're still running into any error messages after that check out the platform-specific steps as well: 

- PC

- Xbox

- PlayStation

Let me know if you're still getting the same error messages after that. Thanks!

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (332 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @SolidArt421

Can we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop the error messages you've been seeing? 

When you have the chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection steps from the EA Help website. If you're still running into any error messages after that check out the platform-specific steps as well: 

- PC

- Xbox

- PlayStation

Let me know if you're still getting the same error messages after that. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game still stutters whenever I change game modes from trios to arena and vice versa, and I still can't join my friends without stuttering as well.

Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)

Community Manager

@SolidArt421 

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Can we also try updating the DNS in Windows to see if that helps? I've seen some cases in the past where that can make a difference. 

You can update the DNS through the Windows TCP/IP Settings. For more info on how to get there check out the Microsoft Support website. If you choose the Manual option you can enter a DNS of your choosing. I usually go with the public Google DNS (primary DNS: 8.8.8.8; secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4), but I've also seen some people recently say that using the public Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1) has been helpful. 

If you're able to give that a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks again!

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (233 Views)