Re: Game stuck on first loading screen, pls help

by B26354

Original Post

Game stuck on first loading screen, pls help

★ Novice

I updated my drivers, i repaired my game, i reinstalled, what do i have to do??

When i launch the game it goes to the first loading screen for a while, then it crashes. i literally cannot play the game that i payed for and its too late to refund it.

My specs are:

i7-7700HQ 2.80 GHZ

16 GB ram

GTX 1070

Pls help me

Message 1 of 8 (777 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @DedSecTruth

Sorry to hear it's crashing for you at the loading screen. I know I've seen some other threads on this so I searched "loading screen" in the search bar within these boards and found a few threads with solutions around this issue. Let me know if any of these helped.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (713 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem, it started with the Kenobi patch on November 28th, the game keeps loading for a long time then crashes to desktop without errors, I try a couple of times then it loads. At first i thought that was servers were overloaded because of the new content but it keeps happening since then. I had a lot of problems with the game and finally it was working great until that patch.

Message 3 of 8 (659 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Same here, hope they fix it very soon.
Message 4 of 8 (652 Views)

★ Guide

Support responded to my bug report and told me to rename the "STAR WARS Battlefront II" folder in my documents, this folder holds some cache files and game settings.  when you launch the game it create a new one and that fixed my problem.

Message 5 of 8 (639 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SWVIII @DedSecTruth

Can you check the solution @B26354 replied with and let us know if that worked for you both?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 8 (627 Views)

★ Guide

Avast is the problem, when I originally tested renaming the game folder on documents, I also disabled Avast. When I restarted the computer the problem started again because Avast wasn't enabled, I tried putting the game folder in the Avast exclusions but it doesn't make any difference, It has to be disabled for the game to work properly. 

Message 7 of 8 (617 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I tried it, but the game still froze and had to restart my PC.
Message 8 of 8 (606 Views)