Re: Game stops responding randomly

by RipjawsAU-TTV

Original Post

★ Pro
So u upgraded gpu drivers and it got worse?

Sorry about that time in the bios thing.. Those date could be release version date of ur bios.. Maybe check if ur mobo has newer bios

I would go to "Data center" in apex legends and see which server apex is connecting to and if there is packet loss
Message 11 of 18 (411 Views)

★ Guide

yea got the latest gpu driver, also checked the data center on the front apex screen before going into the lobby, surprisingly there is no packet loss on any of the servers. Not even ones that are in the US lol. 

Message 12 of 18 (404 Views)

★ Pro
Can you try and disable auto page file management? It's a virtual memory thing.. Try and set 20gb (maximum and minimum same value).. There could be an issue with growing page file:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4055223/memory-allocation-errors-can-be-caused-by-slow-page...

I would suggest:https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
This requires booting into safe mode, starting the app and delete amd drivers.. Restart the pc then and install the amd drivers
Message 13 of 18 (393 Views)

★ Guide

pagefile has been disabled. Still crashing.

Re installed GPU drivers (Clean install), still crashing.

I don't know what else to do at this point.

This EA employer's advice made my game now completely unplayable. At least i could play a round or two before i took his advice. I know its not his fault and its logical to think that updating to latest software would fix old bugs but clearly this is not the case. The problem here is not with player hardware. This is a problem on their side. Allot of people are experiencing crashes and yet its always "fix this change that".

I don't get any errors in any of the other games i play, Some games like GTA5 which takes up allot more resources than this game. The coding is trash. Simple as that. I invested money into this game and i regret it. Its a complete waist and EA does not give a crap. If they did they would at least put in a little more effort. Instead things just get worse. I apologize for being negative and I do appreciate all your help. Its disappointing however to see someone helping me that doesn't even get paid for it. You are a good person for trying. So my hat goes off to you mate.

So far the community has provided more help than the actual people who get paid to do it. That is a problem.

Message 14 of 18 (390 Views)

★ Guide

hmm okay so i did what i would call a last resort, i uninstalled the game and also completely wiped and then reinstalled my GPU drivers once again, then reinstalled the game and so far ive played 3 rounds with no crash. Im not getting my hopes up yet. However i'm noticing a slight fps drop every now and then, not a severe drop but you can feel the drop cause the game gets a little...micro stuttery. 

I cant exactly tell you where this happens because its very random. It can happen in a open area and sometimes not. Very random.

Message 15 of 18 (1,530 Views)

★ Pro
It could be that a clean uninstall removes the shader cache folder.. this could cause some stutters but should slightly improve when the shaders are back on ur drive
Message 16 of 18 (352 Views)

Community Manager

@RipjawsAU-TTV wrote:

hmm okay so i did what i would call a last resort, i uninstalled the game and also completely wiped and then reinstalled my GPU drivers once again, then reinstalled the game and so far ive played 3 rounds with no crash. Im not getting my hopes up yet. However i'm noticing a slight fps drop every now and then, not a severe drop but you can feel the drop cause the game gets a little...micro stuttery. 

I cant exactly tell you where this happens because its very random. It can happen in a open area and sometimes not. Very random.

We've actually seen some positive results when players reinstalled the game. Glad to hear it was working for you over the weekend, but how is it still running? 

Have you tried capping the frame rate and setting Easy Anti-Cheat to low priority? It's under the PC Troubleshooting steps from the Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide.

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 18 (327 Views)

★ Guide

I capped my frames to 75, and I did not set the anti cheat to low priority. So far i have not crashed once so I think its safe to say that the issue has been resolved. However i'm not sure if its a server side problem or not but the game does feel like it goes from really smooth to chocking and getting sluggish then suddenly going back up to smooth again. It's these small intervals of what feels like a micro stutter. It happens very randomly. 

I did turn the texture setting down to low which only uses 2gb of GPU Vram and it seems to happen less frequently. Thing however is I did not experience this micro stutter in the past. I did crash allot, but there was no random micro stutter. 

Also before you ask, I did test the texture settings on all available options. My card has 4gb of Vram, so i did set it to High, and the random micro stutter would happen, The fps was good , capped at 75 mostly and it would drop randomly for a second or two (micro stutter) and then jump back up. It does not matter where i am on the map, its completely random. Setting it to medium does the exact same thing but on Low it still happens but not as frequently. 

I also checked my temps during these tests and all my temps are fine so its not an over heating problem.  All overlays are disabled in the background as well. 

In all honestly I am just glad I'm not crashing anymore and i can play. But a stutter is still a problem to many out there and its important to bring it to your attention so that it can be resolved for not just me but for everyone else as well. I just want to say I do appreciate you taking the time to help me and I just want to say Thank you for your help so far. 

Message 18 of 18 (320 Views)