Game still stutters even with ISLC and Afterburner overclocking running

by DragoonToby

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Game still stutters even with ISLC and Afterburner overclocking running

★★ Novice

Hey folks, you've probably heard this complaint a thousand times, but I've tried so many suggested fixes online and unfortunately, none of them have resolved my BFV stutter problem. I apologize I'm not a very techy guy so it's quite a struggle to pinpoint the root of these stutters. So I was hoping for the community's help on this one. If it helps, I run an ASUS ROG Strix (GL503VM) laptop.

When I first played BFV multiplayer last July, I'd only get stutters once in every 3 min or so. I was running the game at around 40-50 fps which was bearable. Desperate for a smoother gameplay, I followed youtube guides and a couple of online posts regarding BFV stutter fixes.

So I updated windows 10 to version 1903, ensured I got the latest NVIDIA driver and tweaked 3D settings according to the guides. I also ran both Intelligent Standby List Cleaner and overclocked with MSI afterburner to the highest stable core and memory clock setting.

I did in fact get a higher fps afterwards, but now my game stutters every 5-15 seconds, which makes it basically unplayable.

So I was hoping to ask for other fix suggestions from the community. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (3,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game still stutters even with ISLC and Afterburner overclocking running

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

After a reset it is always wise to TRIM an SSD or defragment a HDD of the game and operating system drives. Maybe use CCleaner-like or some other form of registry cleaner to remove unwanted references and use Windows disk cleanup to remove unwanted files before TRIM is used. Also update windows and graphics drivers to the latest build. You should also try to play at lower then 1080P settings (to 720P) -of rendering format since this will generate too little FPS to be able to play.

-Remove all overclocks and reset to defaults
-Update BIOS software (advanced users only)
-Update Videocard driver software
-Update Intel chipset software
-Update Network controller driver
-Update Soundcard software drivers

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (3,476 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Have you tried rolling back to the starting settings and see if the problem reduces? Also if not too much too ask maybe an external GPU would add great performance to the total. And try to maximize the cooling of the laptop bottom for smoother operations under high loads. Also make sure you are connected to the wall socket for maximum power efficiency and 100% performance possibly,if you are not acquainted with this please refer to your laptop manual. Also try to run as little background applications as possible and aspecialy disable all monitoring software as it tends to ask more then is available under high performance requirement situations. Good luck.

_________________________________________________________________________________

EA Champion

Message 2 of 4 (3,501 Views)

★★ Novice
@XTRA-Larsiano Yup, I've done a complete PC reset and also reinstalled the game afterwards, reverting back every setting change to its preset. Unfortunately the issue still persists.

Although, I'm almost certain that the problem is a settings-related issue and not too much on laptop compatibility...maybe triggered by a windows update related one?

I've tested playing solo in the practice range and just stood still for a minute or two. Then it stutters for 5-10 seconds before stabilizing again.

But worse comes to worst, I might look into investing a eGPU. Just wanted to exhaust all options first before spending cash.
Message 3 of 4 (3,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

After a reset it is always wise to TRIM an SSD or defragment a HDD of the game and operating system drives. Maybe use CCleaner-like or some other form of registry cleaner to remove unwanted references and use Windows disk cleanup to remove unwanted files before TRIM is used. Also update windows and graphics drivers to the latest build. You should also try to play at lower then 1080P settings (to 720P) -of rendering format since this will generate too little FPS to be able to play.

-Remove all overclocks and reset to defaults
-Update BIOS software (advanced users only)
-Update Videocard driver software
-Update Intel chipset software
-Update Network controller driver
-Update Soundcard software drivers

EA Champion

Message 4 of 4 (3,477 Views)