Re: Game started to freeze after duo patch

by Yaoart

Original Post

Game started to freeze after duo patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yesterday after the duos update I exeprienced some serious issues with game prefomance. After 2-3 minutes game starts to freeze very often for 0.5-1 seconds. I tried diffrenet graphics settings, checked GPU/CPU, and changed V-sync settings several times. Freezes are still there. Before the update game worked fine at 50-60 FPS with no problems whatsoever.
PC charachteristics:
Intel core I5-3550 3.3GHz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series(270) 2GB
Windows 7 64-bit

Any fixes or at least anyone who have same issue?
-----------------------------
Seems like the problem is somehow connected with textures loading. In all games textures are loading again and again no matter what. It looks like walls/floor becomes very blurry and then normal again, it repeats for the whole duration of a game.

Message 1 of 8 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have this exact same problem, and I also use the same graphics card, AMD Radeon R9 200 Series(270) 2GB. Updated my drivers and still did not fix the issue.

Message 2 of 8 (402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Trying to reinstall the game now. I'll tell you if this might fix the problem

Message 3 of 8 (394 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried that as well, but it did not do anything.

Message 4 of 8 (389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup. Updating drivers/Reinstalling game doesn't help

Message 5 of 8 (335 Views)

Community Manager

Can you post the drivers you're using? 

Do you get a crash report in the reliability monitor?

You can see this by opening windows search, typing "reliability" and choosing to View Reliability history.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

There are no crash reports dedicated to Apex Legends or Origin in reliability history. Drivers I'm using are win7-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.9.2-sep23
Problem started right after duo update. No crashes, just freezes. Also, I forgot to mention that people who are watching me play (dead squadmates) also can see that I'm freezing.

Message 7 of 8 (314 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. It started to happen after the update. Most of the time it freezes on the screen. I'm not doin alt-tab or i didn't change any settings.

Message 8 of 8 (295 Views)