Game specific package loss for no apparent reason

by WitchingGecko

Original Post

Game specific package loss for no apparent reason

★★★★ Novice

So I have had this problem for a few seasons now but never found a fix.

What happens is that some games I would go into and just have package loss ranging from 10% ot 60% on average. It´s also just me who is affected an not my teammates.  It usually gets slightly better throughout the game but no matter what, once it´s over I get stuck in the game and have to alt+f4. Leaving and reconnecting the game does not change anything either. It´s usually not that bad but sometimes I will have it every  other game as it changes from day to day. Btw. I play on the two Frankfurt servers. Since the Problem started I reinstalled the game, ran repairs on the game files and easy anti cheat, changed my wifi card, changed my internet provider and played around with the settings  - all without results.

Now I would usually blame my own internet connection if I wasn´t playing a lot of other online games like Overwatch, Splitgate and League of Legends in which I never encountered the problem even once in my years of playing them.

Any form of stability or speed test I tried had the result that my internet is as stable as it gets for wifi (cable is sadly not an option right now).

As I said, it´s not that big of a deal most of the time but it´s still a bit bothersome when you play russian roulette every time you start a ranked game. And looking for the problem online only lead to people having actual problems with their Internet which is why I am trying my luck here.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to invest themselves into this  request!

Message 1 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: Game specific package loss for no apparent reason

Community Manager

Hey @WitchingGecko!

It sounds like you've already gone through most of the typical troubleshooting steps we'd suggest, though I do see you mentioned connecting to the Frankfurt data centers. 

Do you notice any change if you connect to a different data center from the main menu?

While I understand you're limited to using WiFi for now, I would check through these ports to make sure your router is allowing the necessary connections to come through. This is not an EA site, but has steps to try these settings out on most router models.

Aside from that, the other suggestion I have would be to check these steps as well, particularly the ones involving changing your DNS to see if there's any improvement.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)

Re: Game specific package loss for no apparent reason

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I tried all the steps suggested to me and it worked for a while.

I only played the control gm in that time and now that it is over it turns out that this package loss issue is game mode related aswell. It only happens in  battle royale game modes.

Not in Control,not on the shooting range and not in arenas. Just battle royale.

At this point I am starting to believe that the game just hates me.

Message 3 of 3 (124 Views)