Re: Game restarting my computer on loading screens post game screen or cutscenes

by MonsterLSA

Original Post

Re: Game restarting my computer on loading screens post game screen or cutscenes

★★ Novice
Same issue but my computer is under the minimum requirements. I only have a i7 7700k with 1080ti
Message 11 of 14 (254 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem may be this: the FPS skyrockets to 2000+ on loading screens, probably overheating your card and shutting down your computer. Here is what you can do:

1- Turn your FPS display on Origin. Go to Origin launcer, go to Origin --> Application Settings --> More --> Origin In-Game --> Display FPS Counter (your location of choice on screen)

2- Put game on Fullscreen, helps with performance a bit

3- Set the appropriate Refresh Rate accordingly to your desired FPS. My monitor is 60 Hz only, so that's what I tried.

4- TURN ON V-SYNC. Yeah, I know, it sucks. But it is the only way to try to limit this crazy FPS spike. I also tried console commands, to no avail.

5- Turn Direct X 12 ON or OFF. Try both.

6- Monitor your card's temperature closely, be ready to change the fans' curve accordingly.

This worked for me, and stopped jet turbine sound from fans everytime I went to a loading screen. Hope this helps!!

Message 12 of 14 (242 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sadly still having issues, I did have high temps before but after fixing that, the game stills reboot my pc 

Message 13 of 14 (214 Views)

turning vsync in game to on has no affect in loading screen's which I have seen my fps go as high as 2000+. So what I did was go to NVIDIA control panel and find bf2 set vsync to adaptive and power state to max. This has solved alot of my problem's so it may well help you Standard smile

Message 14 of 14 (204 Views)