Game resetting keyboard bind for Ping

by Legend0fMario

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game resetting keyboard bind for Ping

★★★ Newbie

Whenever i restart the game, the game automatically adjusts the keybind for ping. It's very frustrating to change it back every time i start the game and expect to alert allies when nothing happens. All my other binds stays the same so it's very weird that only the Ping bind changes after every restart.

Message 1 of 2 (1,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game resetting keyboard bind for Ping

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with tactical ability which in the config file is: "bind_US_standard "" "+offhand1" 0"

I bind it to the "§" on my keyboard ( Scandinavian QWERTY ), in game it's converted into "\" , in the config file it says that it is "´"

When I restart the game it's bound to tilde character again which is on a completely different position on my keyboard.

I think the problem is that the game wants some US layout and does some conversion, this is a problem in CSGO as well but there you can fix that by binding the keys in a config file before starting the game, Apex Legends seems to reset any key bind that you modify in the config files...

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (997 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game resetting keyboard bind for Ping

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with tactical ability which in the config file is: "bind_US_standard "" "+offhand1" 0"

I bind it to the "§" on my keyboard ( Scandinavian QWERTY ), in game it's converted into "\" , in the config file it says that it is "´"

When I restart the game it's bound to tilde character again which is on a completely different position on my keyboard.

I think the problem is that the game wants some US layout and does some conversion, this is a problem in CSGO as well but there you can fix that by binding the keys in a config file before starting the game, Apex Legends seems to reset any key bind that you modify in the config files...

Message 2 of 2 (998 Views)