Re: Game randomly freezes for up to a second

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I'm still having the same issue with the most recent BFV update.

I found an interesting video by LevelCap on this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmpYeG-HFKk. Apparently, LevelCap has been having the exact same problem and has been able to replicate this on three different PCs.

Becuause of this, combined with the number of things I and others on this thread have tried and the 18 people who have (at the time of writing) indicated that they have the same problem, I think it is safe to say that this really is a problem with the game itself and not with the drivers, Windows or any other part of my setup. @EA_Blueberry can we get an acknowledgement that this bug, specifically stuttering related to Standby List memory, is a bug that you are aware of? And if so, is there any chanche that this will be fixed in a future update?

I don't mean to come off as impatient, but I've reported this bug in January, it is now June, I think some acknowledgement of the problem rather than another "check your driver this" or "unplug that" would be appropriate.

Message 41 of 48 (783 Views)

Community Manager

@arizakaa 

The team just provided an update around stuttering to the community today.

Something that we wasn't able to work into this update was a resolution to the Stuttering issues encountered by Players. I chatted with the teams about this last week, and our Engineers believe that they're making good progress on the problem. We'll have more updates about this the instant that we can provide them. For now we just wanted to ensure that you understood that we view this as a High Priority for us to fix, but will not be addressed as a part of Update #5.

Blueberry.png
Message 42 of 48 (772 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey all,

We've seen some positive results with this workaround below if you wanted to give it a go. By performing this workaround you will delete your single player progress though. The goal is to clear the local and cloud data for the game.

PC users

1. Delete or rename the Battlefield V folder in your "My Documents" directory.

PS4 users

1. Go to settings
  2. Select Application Saved Data Management 
  3. Select Saved Data In System Storage
  4. Select Delete
  5. Select BFV
  6. Select BFV and hit delete
  7. Power Cycle your console

Xbox users

1. Visit My Games & Apps
  2. Highlight BFV and press Start
  3. Select Manage Game
  4. Clear the Saved Data
  5. Select Delete Everywhere (removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on)
  6. Power Cycle your console.

How to Power Cycle:

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Blueberry.png
Message 43 of 48 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just bought upgrades

Cpu i9 9900k

Gpu 2080

750w psu

16gb ddr4 2133mhz ram

Hdd M.2 nvme 2000 read/write 500gb

Mobo Msi z390 gaming edge 

With everything on ultra with dxr my cpu is sitting at 90 to 100%. Usage.. frames dropping below 60 on a regular and random freezing with big freezes for explosions and the like.

I put all settings on low with dx11 and although the freezing was majorly reduced the frames dropping below 60 was still there and just feeling horrible when moving mouse persists.

Message 44 of 48 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing happens to me.  It is the game.  It is of poor quality.

Message 45 of 48 (601 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's been a while since I last posted on this thread or even played the game, but FYI, the issues still persist in the latest update. Either that or there is a new performance bug, because whereas previously ISLC fixed the random stutters, it now only strongly reduces them.

I'm hoping DICE will eventually fix this.

Message 46 of 48 (522 Views)

★ Apprentice

BTW, @EA_Blueberry , can this be moved to the Bug Reports section, instead of Technical Issues, since it has been confirmed to be a bug experienced by multiple players rather than a problem with one person's setup?

Message 47 of 48 (519 Views)

Community Manager

@arizakaa 

Although some crashes may be related to a verified bug, for search result purposes it's best on this board for now.

Technical Issues.JPG

Blueberry.png
Message 48 of 48 (491 Views)