Re: Game randomly freezes for up to a second

by groundedjet

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Wow, I can't even get 100 FPS with DXR enabled. I get like 60 FPS, sigh. After removing 4 core CPU affinity, I am getting very playable frame rate higher than 60FPS on DXR low. I have the same problem. Only when DXR is enabled, I get random 1 second stutters. This freeze or stutter is game breaking. I died before because I had a stutter, and someone was shooting at me while I could do nothing. I have the RTX 2070. I disabled Origin in-game, and this still happens.

I was getting stutters every 20 seconds in DX11, but did not happen in other servers.

Message 11 of 48 (1,434 Views)

Community Manager

@groundedjet  

Are you getting this with Raytracing disabled?

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 48 (1,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

With ray tracing disabled, this does not happen.

Message 13 of 48 (1,411 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

I have disabled origin in-game, it didn't work. I've also tried turning off DXR, and switching to DX11, none of which solved the freezing / stutters.

@groundedjet 

100 FPS was with everything including DXR quality set to the lowest setting and at a 1680x1050 resolution, so it's not like I'm getting 100 FPS on high settings with DXR.

Message 14 of 48 (1,402 Views)

★ Guide

I use the ultra preset with DXR low at 1080p for 60 FPS. This is not satisfactory as you need an idle FPS higher than 60. I can't wait for DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sample) as that will increase your DXR frame rate even higher. Hype!

Message 15 of 48 (1,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I was getting stutter every 20 seconds in one server in DX11 while it did not happen in other servers.

Message 16 of 48 (1,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry (or just anyone from EA / DICE): is there any news on this issue? It's been two weeks since I've last heard from you, and the bug is still present in the latest update.

Is DICE aware of this issue? Is it being worked on? Is there anything I can try in the meantime? Any info on what I can do / what DICE is doing to make the game run smoothly would be highly appreciated.

Message 17 of 48 (1,303 Views)

Community Manager

I'm afraid there aren't any updates to share around this right now. Below you'll find the Quality of Life Commitment where you can see what issues are being prioritized going into the next update. 

Quality of Life Tracker

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 48 (1,271 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem for me :

CPU : I5 9600K.

16Go DDR4 @ 3200mz

RTX 2070.

Windows 10 64 BITS

dx12

The problem is random.

Message 19 of 48 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi guys,
For me, after investigating and tried a lot of potential fixes, only Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) worked: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1256

It's funny because with a Vega 56 I didn't had this stuttering problems, now with a 2080 (double as price) I had. Seems is a RTX failure, I don't get to understand the thecnic part, but ISLC fixed for me.

Hope it do the trick for everyone.
Message 20 of 48 (1,190 Views)