Game progress reset to level 1

by HatsuneLotus

Original Post

Re: Game progress reset to level 1

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Ataashi

I was reading through this thread and was becoming increasingly concerned as I went through the posts and replies from players who had this issue, plus the awful customer service. I started playing Sims Mobile a few weeks ago and have been fortunate enough to not have my account become reset to level 1, however I'm starting to think that this is inevitable. Makes me wary of investing too much of my energy into this game, you know?

Having game progress deleted is absolutely the worst thing that could possibly happen in any game, and is absolutely NIGHTMARISH to us gamers. We spend a lot of energy, time, and pour our hearts into games, and management should be doing EVERYTHING possible to make sure that this issue does not occur again, and that the gamers affected by this bug are appropriately compensated in a timely manner.

I'm not impressed by the responses I'm seeing from customer service, and until this improves, I'm strongly considering quitting.

Message 81 of 111 (942 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was reading through this thread and was becoming increasingly concerned as I went through the posts and replies from players who had this issue, plus the awful customer service. I started playing Sims Mobile a few weeks ago and have been fortunate enough to not have my account become reset to level 1, however I'm starting to think that this is inevitable. Makes me wary of investing too much of my energy into this game, you know?

Having game progress deleted is absolutely the worst thing that could possibly happen in any game, and is absolutely nightmarish to us gamers. We spend a lot of energy, time, and pour our hearts into games, and management should be doing everything possible to make sure that this issue does not occur again, and that the gamers affected by this bug are appropriately compensated in a timely manner.

Message 82 of 111 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same exact thing has happened to me TWICE. The 1st time they were kind and compensated me with some Sim cash (not nearly enough for what I lost but it was something at least to show they cared). This last time was a nightmare! They had to roll my game back almost a month and I lost a ton of progress. I sent the actual itune reciepts of the nearly $50 I had spent on the game and lost after the roll back date but because I didn’t have screen shots of the very fast pop reciept you see on your screen right after you purchase something (who does? that would be hard to capture), they wouldn’t do anything. I was HOSTILE!! I lost so much time and money and they were not helpful at all, almost condescending and rude about it. I learned a valuable lesson this time....I will never spend another dime on this game! I suggest the same to everyone. Play for fun but don’t give them your money. When your game crashes (and it will) you’ll lose everything and they don’t care to help you get it back.

Message 83 of 111 (1,000 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would love to know how these weren’t good enough reciepts for them to reimburse MY money after THEIR crash. I’m so disgusted with EA games and the people they have running their customer service. After all the money I’ve wasted on this game, they went above and beyond being rude instead of helping at all. Fair warning to anyone who wastes real money on this game (WAY to many bugs and crashes FAR to often).

Message 84 of 111 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
My update: 

My game restarted a month after my last rolled back of my account, I'm not surprised, it was something I expected, my recent lost the new hair styles, I have never complained to EA about my items of events  lost , I knew was it's a waste of time, plus I know that many of the players who complain never return anything, but a friend of the game told me that EA returned all her items of the harvest event (attached image).

Why EA is able to return the items some players and not others? If they do not intend to solve this problem, at least they should return the lost items to the players, I bought the harvest package, I paid for those items and I lost them and they only gave me ten boxes.

We all agree that if it were as easy as starting a new game we would do it, nobody wants to complain, nobody wants to deal with EA, but this game does not work like that,  it's not easy to start again,  it's months of family history, rare items  of events and hours of play,  it's not to simply as starting again.

I want to share something interesting, a player from one  FB group (attached image), she lost two accounts two months ago, her accounts reset and EA told her to create new account, she accepted and created a new game, now yesterday she posted that her account reset, I suppose her game is relatively young, it must be less of the Level 40, perhaps this bug is not solved creating a new account ?? apparently not, maybe she is still using her same Game Center or Google Play account, it means there is something very dark behind this, that does not fixed with create a new account apparently.

Message 85 of 111 (971 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It would be really nice if EA would give some sort of explanation of the bug or keep players updated on the status and what is being done to fix this. It's a serious bug.
Message 86 of 111 (962 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I get so sad reading this. This morning my game was gone. I emailed to ea twice but they don't answer.

I have played this game several months and I have spent so much money and time on it.

How did it go for you all that wrote this?? 

Message 87 of 111 (779 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SoniaCederstrom Oh no! I hope you get your game back. I would contact EA Help from Twitter or Facebook as they respond quicker than email.  It's super frustrating having to lose progress you invest so much time and effort on. I've lost progress many times which is upsetting because I enjoy playing The Sims Mobile. I've recreated my Sims Mobile family in The Sims 4 and am playing with them for now until the team fixes this bug, which is incredibly complicated according to SimGuruFrost. It would be great help if you report your player ID, the date you lost progress and anything you did before the reset. I'm crossing fingers that it'll get fixed soon..

Dates I've lost progress:

26th October

12th Nov

27th Nov

9th Dec

13th Dec

15th Dec

23rd Dec

28th Dec

2nd Jan

7th Jan

20th Jan

15th Feb

Message 88 of 111 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Mackenzies1

No matters what I do, my account reset every month, I give stickers, my last party not glitched, no glitch my house items, friends list, my game works fine and just a month after my last rolled back my account reset in the middle of San Valetin contest and I lost everything, in these point I dont care anymore, I feel so tire with these game, I not bought anything in the store, not building and also lost 4 really good friends because these bug, daily players with wonderful houses, I plan not play for a while.

But I always get my account back, I suggest you do the these steps:

1. You only need one case, if you made two cases, you need delete one or close all and make a new one.

2. When your open a new case select, tecnical issues>lost progress

3. the EA people manage a lot of games, so they really dont know sometimes what to do, so you need tell them what to do, you can wrote something like this:

"Hi, I was play normal (date and hour) with my game and today ( date and hour) start as a new one from the beginning tutorial, my game it's already conect with my Game Center, FB and EA accounts, so it's not a cloud problem, I do the basics steps for ios Problems ( you can really do the steps but trust me, its do not work) but dont work.

Can you please rolled back my progress in the most recently date your has save in your server??

I know some players get back their progress, when ask for help and EA rolled back their progress a date before they happens

I attach a image of my id player and my game before of my game reset ( attach a image of your id and one of your game, maybe a imagen of your new game level 1).

Thanks"

4. With your number of case you can make a phone call if its aviable in your contry or try to get help from EA Help FB page, but in FB, they only replie in English, or you wait they reply via email.

it's very important you have your game complete close (force close the app) when EA roll back your game, because can fail, so EA pleople can say "log out" its means force close the app, not log out from Game Center

I got help from facebook for fisrt time this last time.

Good luck!

Message 89 of 111 (766 Views)

★★★ Guide

I feel you @laurizta Frown 

Message 90 of 111 (849 Views)