Game progress reset to level 1

by HatsuneLotus

Original Post

Re: Game progress reset to level 1

★★★★★ Novice

They told me the same thing except the date was Nov 30th. Then he just rolled it back without me saying anything. I lost all the winterfest items I had earned but somehow retained the candy canes. Now my winterfest only shows 2 tasks available and the items that i’ve Earned up to the hearth are gone. I’m at Day Day 10 part 5 put don’t think I’ll advance because I don’t have access to most of the other tasks that earn canes. Additionally the item that earns candy canes in the house is gone and not in the inventory. SMH. the tech ppl seem to make matters worse. 

Message 51 of 111 (1,058 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@HatsuneLotus I’ve been bounced around by 2 different tech people over the past day already Wondering but they both replied me the exact same thing. It’s like they are colluding to provide the same consistent response without answering my queries. At this point I’m half convinced EA has hired AI to automate replies.

I’ll try your advice though! Anything to get the satisfactory response. I have the email receipt of the SC purchase as well so I’ll use that if they even try to give me anything less than what I deserve, assuming I can reach someone who actually has some sort authority in the tech team and not some grunts who are just pushing out standard copy paste replies using a template

Message 52 of 111 (1,048 Views)

Re: Game reset to level 1

Have you tried going in to the game and logging in with your EA account when in game? You might need to play through the tutorial first. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 53 of 111 (1,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

EA give me my game back 12/05/18 and my game was rolled back 11/05/18, so l lost a month and all harvest event items, give me all my purchases back ( except 25 cupcakes from chic pack, maybe my mistake because I realized after) and my first rolled back I lost a month too and all back to school items, in my opinion I prefer lost a month than all my game, and also if your rolled back its more time back, its more time to happens again in my experiencie or never happend you again

Note: I bought the harvest pack and EA give me 10 harvest boxes, but no win nothing good, I almost completed the collection and win all rare items, but only not win any trees when I did the event :/

Message 54 of 111 (897 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

EA give me my game back 12/05/18 and my game was rolled back 11/05/18, so l lost a month and all harvest event items, give me all my purchases back ( except 25 cupcakes from chic pack, maybe my mistake because I realized after) and my first rolled back I lost a month too and all back to school items, in my opinion I prefer lost a month than all my game, and also if your rolled back its more time back, its more time to happens again in my experiencie or never happend you again

Note: I bought the harvest pack and EA give me 10 harvest boxes, but no win nothing good, I almost completed the collection and win all rare items, but only not win any trees when I did the event :/

I want to share something I saw some comments in a FB Group, some people report experiment the bug but they force close the app immediately and turn off their devices and when open the app they have their progress back, its not tested by me, I hope not need test in the future but this could be a first solution for the bug, maybe if your connection is very fast will not working.

Note: one person reported do this and works but in a couple of hours her game reset again so she called EA

Message 55 of 111 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks @laurizta for sharing this! I’m going to reinstall the app, since I haven’t played for a week, and give this a go if the bug happens again (which I hope not). I’ll let anybody know if this works!

Message 56 of 111 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @laurizta. Unfortunate to say but the steps mentioned didn’t work for me at all Frown I completely closed the app, and then when I loaded it, it took me to create your first sim again, level restarting. Just contacted EA and waiting for a reply, I’m fed up of doing this again. But I do hope the steps will work for everybody else.. I’m completely upset this keeps happening to me. It’s forcing me to quit the game Frown

Message 57 of 111 (966 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you reinstall the game, apparently EA won’t be able to recover your progress as you will now have created a new player id number. This is my understanding from my correspondence with them. They can recover your progress of your previous id up to a reasonable point but you can’t log in because if you are using game centre it logs you in using the new player id.

They said because I reinstalled the game it was now not recoverable for me. I told them it was due to their advice that my game is now not recverabe and that I want all my real money purchases refunded as real money. I told them that they told me to reinstall the game and therefore they should refund me as it is their error. EA told me that they never said to reinstall the game. I said you certainly did and I want a refund.i screenshotted the email and highlighted the advice where they had stated to reinstall.

They then apologised and offered me 600simcash and my real monies spent converted to simcash. I don’t want this. It is their error that my game is now not recoverable. I want my monies refunded. I do not want to play the game again even though I enjoyed it very much and played everyday. It should be my choice if I decide to do so again and allocate real monies as I see fit.

Message 58 of 111 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

sorry heard that, probably only works in the just moment when happens( because the servers just down and if your turn off your divice not save your new progress level 1) and not when you uninstall the app or your wait so much for lto close the app, I feel you, I play less every day and only open the app two times at the day and when I not play I close the app complete, maybe you need EA rolled back your game more time back :/ and works for me but I dont know if my game reset agian. in the future, its annoying play with fear to lose your game again.  

you can uninstall the app and reinstall, but need to choose “from the cloud” even if say “level 1”’these way your game install with the same id 

Message 59 of 111 (1,143 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@AussieGal2018 Damn, they also told me to reinstall the game in their email reply. Their support staff clearly are not trained adequately. It’s baffling how they can be so incompetent when it comes to understanding what their players are experiencing and feeling. The 600 SC offer was really a slap in the face for me as well when the guy offered it up to me. If I were a level 5-10 player, perhaps this 600 SC would be more than sufficient to help me get back progress up to the point of lost data with some reimbursement but at level 50 and some real money spent in the game, 600 SC is a joke. I can’t even imagine how it is for those who have spent hundreds of dollars in  this game. 

They have now confirmed that my 4 December 2018 purchase will indeed be gone if I accept the 13 November 2018 rollback, but they can only ‘see if they can return the purchase to me’ if I tell them what purchase I lost. No guarantees and they also said ‘sorry there will be no compensation for the glitches I am facing’.

I’ve tried asking to be re-directed to someone who can actually make decisions as the 5+ support staff I’ve dealt with up till now are clearly all built in the same, albeit very inconsistent mold. The only thing consistent about them is their lack of ability to comprehend the issues their players are facing and any sort of empathy and decision making prowess as they send reply after reply of pre-built answers to their customers.

@laurizta I believe selecting the ‘load from the cloud, even if it says level 1’ will help you get back your initial game ID (as they were able to find a rollback date for me on that ID after I followed your steps) but you might also risk overwriting the data. If you already have your previous game ID from a screenshot, please don’t try this to increase your chances of getting your account rolled back as up to date as possible.

If you are like me and put the trust in EA to not screw up to this extent and did not take a screenshot of your account game ID, by all means, follow the above steps to retrieve your previous game ID.

Apparently when your account gets forcefully reset, it will generate a new game ID and the one you see in the load screen will not have any available data for rollback.

I am starting to believe they will only create backup data on their servers on a fixed interval basis rather than every time you log in seeing that the rollbacks are always outdated. If I had lost my account on the 15th of November, they would probably be able to roll me back to the 13th, which is the data rollback date they are offering me now.

I am still not satisfied with their response and will keep pushing for a reply on how they plan to make up for all the lost gameplay. At the very least, the atrocity of their tech staff will be known to people who do stumble across this post (which will not be a lot) but at least those who do will know and they will be better able to avoid the same scenario happening to them or not get to deep into a game where proper support is sorely lacking. Will continue to update here and other platforms when I see people facing the same issues. 

Message 60 of 111 (1,245 Views)