Re: Game progress reset to level 1

by HatsuneLotus

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@Ploofin I have my original player id screenshot and they told me they rolled it back from level 50 to level 48, but I can’t access it as I now have a new player id since they told me to reinstall the app

I’m confused by your response which alludes to the fact that if you have your old id, you can possibly recover your game. Which steps do I need to do this or is all hope gone because I’ve reinstalled the game and been allocated a new id?

Thanking you for your help and advice.

Oh, and btw I’m one of those players who has spent hundreds of dollars which is why I’m so reluctant to play again.

Message 61 of 111 (1,401 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@AussieGal2018 For some context, I guess I should tell you the full list of points that happened to me:

1. I did not have my old ID saved and was devastated I did not take a screenshot of it after I realized my account was wiped
  2. I followed their instructions and re installed the game after which I saw a game ID starting with 1004 in my load screen so I gave them that
  3. At that point, the game ID starting with 1004 was I think tied to my level 2 "continue from cloud" data which had overwritten my level 50 account. I was level 2 in the tutorial stage because of the glitch. My level 50 account character which had finished a winterfest event and I was going to complete it (It had the purple/pink tick above his head), so I logged into the game, only to find myself at the tutorial page. The purple/pink tick had magically ported over onto my level 1 character which was in the tutorial stage. Completing the event immediately leveled up my account to level 2.
  4. I sent them this game ID (1004) to which they told me there was no available data to roll back to. I suspect because my account got resetted, they gave me a new game ID.
  5. I followed @laurizta's suggestion and "continued from cloud" even though it was the level 2 account and when the game reloaded, my game ID changed to start with 1003 which I THINK, is my old game ID. I have a screenshot of this but I deleted it from my recently deleted on my iPhone... Will be trying some data retrieval software to get it back later when I'm back to confirm if it is indeed my level 50 game ID.
  6. I gave this "new" (1003) game ID to the support staff and asked for a rollback (as per @HatsuneLotus's suggestion to always ask for a rollback) who did a check and there was indeed my level 50 account data, albeit only on the 13th of November 2018.

You should be able to get back your game if you have your old game ID. Ask them for a rollback on your level 50 game ID and wait for them to tell you which date data they have. 

Once they have replied you with the latest data date, start gathering up your iTunes receipts if you had made any purchases from the date they have up till the point of the glitch and ask them for them to give back all purchases along with the roll back data. You will probably not get a recent rollback as my own is only available as at 13th November 2018 which is more than a month from the day I faced the glitch (I hope your luck is better than mine, but seeing that you said they only have data on your level 48 account, it seems they are outdated too).

If you have to, send them screenshots of the email asking you to reinstall the game and ask for full access to your account as they owe you at least that much and more for having to go through this experience.

Let me know if everything about what I've faced is still unclear and i'll break it down more! I am kind of in a rush to go somewhere and everything here may be really jumbled. 

Message 62 of 111 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry if I can't explain more in detail because my english is not good, but always you reinstall the app, the game give you a new id, so if you choose from the cloud the game install with the previous id, if choose a “this device”  start a new game.  I am not recommend unistall the app when you have this bug, in my case one time I did that and the app not showed the cloud  option as expalin in other post here. The game save your progress when:

1. your level up, my first rolled back was  level 48 to level 47 

2. new life style

3. make new sims

4. Make parties, my last rolled backs always at the dates when I hosted parties, maybe the reason some people their games are reset to  level 1 when they hosted a party, my parties always glitched maybe for that reason too my game have corrupted saves, but when you are level 50 and toast of the town, not many chances for a good save data for me unless the parties but always  glitch :/

the first person I meet  with this error was me, it is sad to see that 3 months later more people experience this bug and there is not explanation or good solution, I know cases of good players who loved the game and lost their games complete 

Message 63 of 111 (1,380 Views)

Re: Game reset to level 1

★ Apprentice

yes, tried that too. despite having my old game ID they cannot figure out how to do the rollback and send me my old game.

Message 64 of 111 (1,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Happy New Year, @AussieGal2018@HatsuneLotus@laurizta

So almost a month in now and still no proper resolution to this nonsensical situation. Some EA staff replied me over the holidays and it will blow your mind. 

My my last email to them had a couple queries:

Before I accept any roll back, I wanted to,

1. Confirm that my purchases will be returned to me

2. Have 1 months worth of game play returned to me (because the latest rollback data they have for me is at 13 Nov 2018)

3. If there are any form of compensation for this rubbish situation that they put me/us through. 

I proceeded to tell him that until my queries are answered, I will not be accepting the rollback. 

Guess what this guy did? Yupp he just went ahead and rolled back my account, telling me ‘congratulations! I have successfully rolled back your account’. This guy is the epitome of an imbecile. I’ve not used any crude language till now but seriously, when I read that reply, in my mind I was just ‘wt* is wrong with this guy?’.

So there you have it. @EA_Ataashi, after bouncing off around 8-10 of EA’s ‘customer service personnel’ this is the result. He did not answer a single one of my queries, instead asking me to relog into the game to see my progress. I honestly don’t know what I can recommend to save EA’s customer service at this point. I have everything in email, and can literally post this nonsensical conversation from start to end for the whole community to see and this is their reply. *Applause*

Ar this point, I’m thinking it’s fine to forgo whatever money I’ve put in this game which fortunately is not as much as others, so long as the EA community is made known, that the people who are hired as frontliners to represent their company mostly come with less than half a brain and that this is the kind of nonsense you risk exposing yourself to by even playing any game. The moral implications also speak for itself, painting EA as daylight robbers who don’t care about their players, seeing that asking for a simple refund/ compensation is neigh impossible. 

However, @AussieGal2018, I must say that there may be some ‘light’. Another staff just replied me around 2 hours ago saying that they will return my purchase in SC with valid receipts. They are unable to return anything else so they will offer 500 SC compensation. Is this enough? No. For all the things we’ve had to go through over nearly the past month, this is a joke. I can’t get back any event items or even buy the amount of gold I had gained during the lost game play. But at least you might get your purchases back. I have yet to receive mine yet so I am sceptical to commit to saying that yes, they will indeed successfully perform this seemingly simple task where so many others failed simple comprehension. Will keep this posted whenever I get any intelligible responses/ comedic gold from the EA customer service team. 

Impressions of EA atm: A joke. Will hold out to see where this whole thing goes. 

*Edit, the last ‘customer service’ guy signed off as ‘your pal’. 10 points for cheesiness :eahigh_file:

Message 65 of 111 (1,211 Views)

★★★ Guide

Happy new year everyone,

I’m still having issues with my game constantly resetting and it is getting ridiculous. It is my favourite game and having my progress resetting all the time ruins the gaming experience. I’m still waiting on a reply and am hoping I get my progress back to where I last played. I’ve noticed that my game resets after I host a party, force close the app or delete the app so try avoid these if you can.

I’m sorry to have heard that @Ploofin, and I wish I could help you in some way. You deserve a bigger compensation for the inconvenience they’ve caused you and the event items you’ve lost.. 

Message 66 of 111 (1,199 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I sorry hear that, the only way to have your game back is the "rolled back" which means losing your progress, at this point I lost approximately 3 months of play and 2 important events (back to school and harvest fest), EA returns your purchases, I think you need sometimes open a new case just to request that, you need put attention or they can return less than what you bought, I happened to me.

The big losses are the items of special events, they never give you back, but why do it if you can buy it with special boxes with items of past events??

No I spent money this month maybe I dont do that never or in very long time, I not recommend spend so much money ( or nothing) in this game, it's very fragile

Now I am supertitious not to open my game on Mondays and Wednesdays, which is when the servers are restarted, when the start of the contest of stickers and parties, I do not know if this prevents my game not restart again, but I'm testing, I lost my game in those days.

I attach an image of FB group about some comments, people says EA can give you back your game when your lost the id player or when you overlap two games.

Message 67 of 111 (1,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Nice! you have  your game back, this error is very unpredictable, I only see more people reset their accounts when hosted a party  and the last massive resets of accounts when EA puts the Baby Ariel update in the middle of the winter contest on Wednesday; 9 and 10 Juanauary its just a month after my last rolled back, if the bug follow the same pattern as the past, I'll have a 50 or more percent of chance to lose my account agian, (my second reset just a month afer the first one) I scare to open my game those days, I dont know if not open my game its a cure, but its like to play with a sickness.

Message 68 of 111 (1,113 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@HatsuneLotus Were they able to rollback to the latest date?

im experiencing a lot of ‘false hope’ here. Once in awhile I meet a customer service personnel who says that he can return my purchases, provide ‘appropriate’ compensation etc etc. But after I reply him, another person replies me instead and this new guy doesn’t even know what’s going on. They keep telling me that they can rollback my account but I am already way past this stage. I’m 100% sure they don’t even read your latest reply/the previous reply from their fellow colleague.

I have attached a screenshot of what this latest guy replied me, stating wrongly that your data is saved daily from first log in. The guy before him told me that he will return my purchase and was very kind to list down what information he needed (which I have provided in my reply email). Then I get a reply like this (as attached). Really really annoyed at this point.

@AussieGal2018 Hope you managed to make more progress than me. It’s  been more than a month and counting now.

Message 69 of 111 (1,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Ploofin They’ve told me the same thing! When I first emailed them, they said they couldn’t restore my game because there was no backup available. I wrote back to them, explaining my situation further, and then they recovered it to 29th Dec, a week before I lost progress again. I’m fed up of having to explain my situation to Customer Service everytime. I try avoid game loss but like what @laurizta said, losing game progress is unpredictable.

Message 70 of 111 (1,991 Views)