Game not launching after Hotfix

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Super Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug After hotfix game wont launch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Which single-player mode are you playing? Standard.
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have narrowed it down to standard edition being able to launch fine but deluxe/ super deluxe not being able to. given last hotfix was specifically to make a change to deluxe and super deluxe its cant be coincidence. https://www.reddit.com/r/MassEffectAndromeda/comments/6bwvj5/todays_update_breaks_the_game_for_me/
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? nvidia 1070
Please enter memory size in GB. 16

Game wont launch , other user with deluxe has same issue, other standard user does not. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MassEffectAndromeda/comments/6bwvj5/todays_update_breaks_the_game_for_me/

Message 1 of 264 (17,141 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: game not launching after hotfix

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Update: 

Awesome job, lads for coming together and narrowing down the issue. Everyone take out @Velikith for a pint.

He seems to have found the culprit - please check his workaround:

"I removed the Irish Region and language below 'add a language' option so there's only one language(united kingdom) 'set as default' in control panel>region and language."

Also quoting @Militia_Grumt here:

"I can also confirm copying and pasting your backup saves to save folder in 'documents' will restore all your game progress after a successful game launch. "

Hey guys - if you're unable to launch the game after the latest hotfix, it would be awesome if you could try the following:

Create a new Windows User Account (make it an Admin account as instructed on linked page)

- reboot your PC

- log on to this account and launch origin, then the game

- try to disable antivirus and firewall

- clean boot your PC

Still no luck? Please provide a DxDiag that might help us pin down the issue. Here's how you do this.

So far, no "one solution to fix them all" is found, but thanks for providing helpful information & data.

What helped others so far:

- Close down Origin

- Try deleting "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\Patch\Win32\dlc"

- Relaunch Origin

- Repair game / Update game

- Launch Game again

- uninstalling ASUS AISuite

- New windows user account

Also please do let me know if this works and also let me know if it doesn't - thanks!

(Marking as solution for visibility)

View in thread

Message 23 of 264 (14,627 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

• Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
  • Platform:PC
    What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
    Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
    Summarize your bug After hotfix game wont launch
    How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
    How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch (18th of May)
    Which single-player mode are you playing? Standard.
    What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? NVidia 970
    Please enter memory size in GB. 32

Just confirming I'm having this issue too, Windows 10 x64 *, other Origin games are launching fine, appears to be the hotfix issues today causing all this.

Message 2 of 264 (17,040 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the Deluxe edition and it launched just fine.  It shows version 1.07, so the patch applied.  Difference might be that my OS is Win 7 Pro (won't upgrade to 10 until I absolutely have to! Tongue out).

I also noticed that I now have the casual outfit and the 2 new Nomad skins.  This is during my current play-through - didn't start a new game.

Message 3 of 264 (17,014 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. Windows 7 Pro for me though. Not sure if I have deluxe or super deluxe (Cant remember which I picked up) but its not the standard version. Patch applied, hit Play, Origin minimises, waits about 5 seconds, then restores itself on screen with no game load and no sign of ME:A in Task manager.

Tried deleting the exe's from the ME:A folder to force a redownload, restarted Origin, restarted Windows, no joy on any of it. Also checked windows updates and Im as up to date as I can be.

Message 4 of 264 (16,993 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Quoted from ShadakS: ...Patch applied, hit Play, Origin minimises, waits about 5 seconds...

One difference I note is you launch the game from Origin.  I open Origin, minimize it and launch Andromeda from an icon on my desktop.  Can't really see how it might make a difference, but it's worth a shot. Standard smile

Message 5 of 264 (16,988 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks ShadakS tried that but no luck still just flickers back to Origin & doesn't launch!

Message 6 of 264 (16,976 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

When was everyone's exe created?

I just checked the one it keeps updating if I delete it and it says creation date is 11th of May 2017

Message 7 of 264 (16,968 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Everybody go to technical Forums on this site and check out the solution two of us posted to fix it.  It May work for you too.

Message 8 of 264 (16,962 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Mine reads as created 5/11/17 @ 155.8 MB

Message 9 of 264 (16,962 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Everybody go to technical Forums on this site and check out the solution two of us posted to fix it.  It May work for you too.

Message 10 of 264 (16,957 Views)
Twitter Stream