Game not launching - Crash on start up.

by crissea

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Game not launching - Crash on start up.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I dont see anyone else having this problem but when i try to launch the game from Origin I press Play the app minimzies, the Star Wars:Squadrons screen opens and the load bar fills up and then the game fails to launch, inatead the load screen disappears and then the app reappears and the pla option is clickable.  I have disabled my Firewall, run repair and still no joy.

(changing title to reflect the issue better) - Atic 

Message 1 of 25 (4,014 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game not launching - Crash on start up.

★ Guide

I was lucky enough to make a backup of the settings when my HOTAS was working. I deleted the old one and replaced it with the backup!!!

Now Joystick and Throttle work again!!!

View in thread

Message 20 of 25 (4,170 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey, @crissea make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 25 (3,937 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic clean boot does not help.  A clean install of the game does not help.  Windows 10 fully up to date. Nvidia Drivers up to date.  AV on or off makes no difference.  Repair no difference.  Repair on anti cheat the same.  

I played for 3 hours last night and now can not log into the game at all with Origins.

Message 3 of 25 (3,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having this exact same issue. Have you managed to get it to work? I have tried reinstalling to no success.

Message 4 of 25 (3,868 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this exact same issue.

I've tried everything, uninstalled it and reinstalled the game. graph drivers, etc. Until Friday it worked well, now the anti-cheat screen comes out and closes after a while without launching the game.

Message 5 of 25 (3,839 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the issue on my Desktop now.  Worked fine for 8 hours or so and played multiple different sessions but now all of a sudden it just does that initial splash screen where it loads with the anti cheat system and won't boot the game after. Sad it works fine on my laptop haha but I don't like playing on that. I tried reinstalled the visual c++ stuff, reinstalling anti cheat, repairing game files, making the game exempt from anti virus, and reinstalling the entire game also. No luck.

Message 6 of 25 (3,809 Views)

★★ Novice
For what it's good for anyone, I've managed to start the game. I've changed the Nvidia Gforce Experience options instead of optimized for everything to the fullest, and voila, it starts smoothly.
Message 7 of 25 (3,782 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you’re using Asus ArmoryCreate you need to disable the Asus Rog service then it works 

Message 8 of 25 (3,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've had this issue since release. Haven't gotten past the initial splash screen. I've tried everything I've read and everything I can think of.

Message 9 of 25 (3,742 Views)

★★ Novice
Nothing, I thought I'd fixed it, and today it doesn't start again. Desperate I'm
Message 10 of 25 (3,700 Views)