Re: Game nearly unplayable due to crashing

by QueuekumbR

Original Post

Game nearly unplayable due to crashing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Since I've downloaded the game I've had crashing about 50% of the games i play. This usually happens during the jump phase or early game/mid game. It is 100% random when it happens, though it still happens nearly every game i play. No crash logs or anything it just freezes then quits to desktop. This not only ruins the fun but also puts a handicap on my teammates being down 1/3 of their team. Please fix this it ruins the game and makes it unplayable

I've tried all the "Fixes" and none of them have worked, i disabled all overlays, and I've followed all the Fixes online and none of them have worked.

System:
Ram: 8GB
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8gb
CPU: Intel i3 8100 4 core
SSD

Message 1 of 10 (497 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @kjesse198.

Best thing to do is take a little time and try the steps in this help thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Community-Crashing-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/7447308

Capping the frames per second has helped a lot of users fix issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Darko  It's fine, I tested that out and still having issues. I just wish they would fix this problem, It's an inconvenience. The game is really fun, this problem just makes me want to quit playing it. I don't think I'm the only one that feels like this, hope that they fix it soon.

It could have to do with the game not liking AMD GPU's The game was more than likely tested on GTX 1080 GPU during their in house testing and fixed issues that came up for their testing setup. I doubt they tested it with any AMD GPU cards, so the issue could be with that, though still people are having problems with nvidia cards, so idek xD hope they fix it.

Message 3 of 10 (386 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for trying to help, though I have tried this, and to no avail. I think it could be due to AMD graphics card, my friends don't have many crashes and they are on Nvidia graphics cards. I'm sure that the developers had Nvidia cards whilst testing the game, that could be the reason why AMD cards are having issues. Though i could be wrong, but this doesn't happen with any other game and other people have the same issues. I don't think it's an issue with the radeon drivers I've tried multiple versions to test it, and nothing helped. So idek what's left to do except wait for an update, hopefully.... It seems like a big issue you'd think some sort of announcement from the devs saying they are working on it or something right? idk, thanks for trying to help.
Message 4 of 10 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

They made an announcement that they are going to have AMD in their studio *sometime* this week to work on *potential* solutions and working on their reporting system for Season 1 which still doesn't have a release date to get more info from crashes so they can fix it *sometime* after that.

So don't expect a solution anytime soon. Half the solutions they suggest are things that shouldn't affect Apex, and even if they do it goes to show what's wrong with Apex if almost any other game people run can work with these programs also running (i.e Discord).

I find it particularly funny that they suggest basically disabling anything Origin related while in game considering that's the only platform it's available on. I've never seen a game on Steam suggest to disable anything Steam related to get the game to not crash. Whether that's a slight against Origin or Apex is hard to say, but either way it's funny.

I find the game a lot of fun and a lot of my friends are playing Apex pretty exclusively right now which doesn't feel good that I can't reliably join them, but I just think it wasn't tested enough / coded well enough and Respawn / EA are just trying to avoid outright saying it considering they are trying to put the blame on literally everything else besides Apex.

Message 5 of 10 (401 Views)

★ Pro
Amd users seems to have it a bit worse than nvidia.. I have a nvidia card and still got the crash to desktop in the beginning but it's fixed now..

For your amd gpu some people have reported fps_limit helped run their game.. Other than that try setting both origin/apexe.exe in "run as administrator" in properties.. If you have a samsung ssd disable rapid mode..

Post ascreenshot of your current visualc++ installs in windows programs and a dxdiag.txt
Message 6 of 10 (392 Views)

★★ Novice

Dude. Its the exact same thing with me. Ive also tried all the "Fixes". Only difference is I have Nvidia. It still crashes now and again. Some days not at all and the some day every 3rd game or so. So sad that it makes me not wanna play the game. I really wanna help the community but dont know how.

Message 7 of 10 (354 Views)

★★ Novice

@Konform103 270c0c4473eb17735e9f8fc7a3eca975.png
Here is my Visual C++ in my installed programs and here is my dxdiag

Message 8 of 10 (327 Views)

★ Pro
I hope someone can help you.. Your installs seem ok
Message 9 of 10 (297 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Capping FPS 100 % does not 'fix' it, but it surely does help it go longer in between crashes. I'm not sure why you guys can't just say 'Respawn is working on the issue. Please be patient. It is a difficult problem to pin down.' or something to that extent.
Message 10 of 10 (287 Views)