Re: Game loads, plays in purple colors only after latest NVidia driver

by GenObiOne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game loads, plays in purple colors only after latest NVidia driver

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just installed NVidia driver 441.41. Now BF2 is all purple, like a purple filter has been applied. All the screens, from the loading screen to actual gameplay, all in purple.

Alt-Tab out then going back seems to fix it but I wish it didn't happen to begin with.

Sent feedback to NVidia, too.

8600K RogStrix z370f, GTX1080TiOC

Message 1 of 6 (651 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic  Reinstalled the drivers. BF2's load screen is still purple. Even the GForce FPS counter and the little Origin box that appears at the bottom right of the screen have a purple filter applied to them. The game then minimized all by itself. I clicked the icon on the task bar and the game bounced back in normal color.

ME Andromeda has no problems, so far, and I played a few hours yesterday evening.

I'll roll back the driver this evening and see what happens.

Watch this space.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (535 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Have you tried reinstalling the GPU drivers? also sounds like the drivers got corrupted. @GenObiOne  

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (572 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic I'll reinstall the drivers. Didn't occur to me to do that. ME Andromeda has some problems now, too. So, you could be right.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6 (563 Views)

EA DICE Team
@GenObiOne Any time, lets us know how it works out! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (558 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic  Reinstalled the drivers. BF2's load screen is still purple. Even the GForce FPS counter and the little Origin box that appears at the bottom right of the screen have a purple filter applied to them. The game then minimized all by itself. I clicked the icon on the task bar and the game bounced back in normal color.

ME Andromeda has no problems, so far, and I played a few hours yesterday evening.

I'll roll back the driver this evening and see what happens.

Watch this space.

Message 5 of 6 (536 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry for the late update. Rolling back the Nvidia driver didn't seem to help. The problem could well be my "monitor" -- Samsung 40" 4K TV or the HDMI cable. It's only mildly annoying but seems to fix itself on tabbing out then in. A couple of Tempest landing cut scenes flash odd colors and black out temporarily in ME Andromeda. Then all is normal. Again, cables or TV, I'm thinking. Thanks for watching.

Message 6 of 6 (472 Views)