Game launches splash screen twice and is unable to launch game

by willdogg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game launches splash screen twice and is unable to launch game

★★ Novice

Game launches splash screen twice and is unable to launch game with 2 different error codes.

Hi I try to launch game the splash screen loads then hangs, after some time a new splash screen

loads that finishes with an error saying there is another launcher running,

close that window then original splash screen comes up with error code 26 game client encountered a problem.

If I try to close first splash screen the second one still trys to load but ends with error code 30005 create file failed with

My specs are Windows 10 fully updated

amd fx6300 processor 

16gb of RAM

GTX 1050ti

I have tryed repairing easy anti cheat but dont know why its trying to load twice

many thanks Rich

Message 1 of 10 (2,382 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game launches splash screen twice and is unable to launch game

★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic I had tried all those things and still no luck. What did work for me was a clean install of Windows. I wiped the drive and installed windows, origin,geforce experience,SWS, oculus.... Everything has worked since ..

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (2,280 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
@willdogg I'm having a similar problem and was basically told to wait for a patch.
Message 2 of 10 (2,373 Views)

★ Apprentice
@das_spetsnaz Ditto
.. I know the game just came out, I still can't play it either. Patiently waiting on a patch.
Message 3 of 10 (2,352 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes unfortunately will have to wait for patch i have tryed everything all weekend to no avail .

Message 4 of 10 (2,340 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi any luck with new patch i still cant launch game i get error code 29 if launched from desktop and code 26 if launched from origin.

does anyone know what these error codes mean?

Message 5 of 10 (2,307 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @willdogg @GaryPie @das_spetsnaz make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 6 of 10 (2,285 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic I had tried all those things and still no luck. What did work for me was a clean install of Windows. I wiped the drive and installed windows, origin,geforce experience,SWS, oculus.... Everything has worked since ..
Message 7 of 10 (2,281 Views)

EA DICE Team
@GaryPie thanks for the update!

/Atic
Message 8 of 10 (2,249 Views)

PC platfom error code 26

★★★ Newbie

After a few times of uninstalling and reinstalling Squadrons hours of research and time on line with EA support,Nividia,Dell computers and last but not least Easyanticheat have gave up on Squadrons ever working right.Error code 26 keeps me from starting the game.Not sure what has caused this but EAsupport can not seem to fix it and Easyanticheat says it is EA's program bug.They will not deal with a ticket if sent. Sorry EA but the few hours that i got to play were fun but the many days of trying to get it to run correct took it all away.If i could now i would request a refund. My WARNING to all who are thinking of buying this game for PC platform DO NOT BUY!!

Message 9 of 10 (2,100 Views)

Re: PC platfom error code 26

★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 10 of 10 (1,905 Views)