Re: Game lags out temporarily and then stutters to catch up.

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Game lags out temporarily and then stutters to catch up.

★★★ Newbie

My game just randomly locks up, and then after locking up ONLY my character can move and look around for about a second before total freeze. And then after 5-6 seconds my game unfreezes and everything stutter steps back to reality. But it happens when I’m dropping, when I’m gun fighting, when I’m looting, when I’m aiming down aight marking people. 

Ive tried everything I can think of. Freeing space on disks and updating drivers and a reinstall and closing any extra processes to allow my computer to run at maximum memory. But the game locks up at random cpu and memory %s. Anywhere from 30% cpu usage to 70% cpu usage and the game is frankly aggravating to play cause I never know when I’m going to get locked up. It cost me a game yesterday because the last 1v1 I locked up hiding behind a rock and couldn’t react. 

Just lookin for some some kind of reason as to what’s causing it. 

Message 1 of 5 (260 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ABCjustice 

Do you have the game installed on an HDD or SSD?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (233 Views)

★ Pro
The servers can lag a bit.. try a new matchmaking if it starts stutering early in the gameStandard smile
Message 3 of 5 (225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pretty sure it’s just on a HDD cause I don’t have a SSD. But that’s not the issue. The first week of launch my game worked flawlessly. Only experienced the full game crash like twice in a week. And then after your last update my game just repeatedly locks up and gets me killed in top 3 situations ALL the time 

Message 4 of 5 (209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberryi also just checked with the two people i play with regularly and their both on HDD and aren’t getting any issues like this whatsoever. The one friend is always talking about high cpu usage on his end too but never gets the lag spikes like I do. 
Message 5 of 5 (178 Views)