Game lagging a lot

by lianCTVS

Original Post

PS4 - STILL massive stuttering after May 23 update (since April 30th)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? DICE
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23.05.19 11:00
Summarize your bug The massive stuttering that started after April 30th is STILL in the game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play brokenfield
What happens when the bug occurs? stuttering
What should be happening instead? Smooth FPS steady frame rate no lag.

NA

(Change title to add its PS4 specifies) - Atic

Message 7 of 101 (3,892 Views)

Game lagging a lot

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.05.2019 22:00
Summarize your bug In any game lag arrived
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play any game mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Massive drop in the frame rate
What should be happening instead? game should be smooth

When Playing since the last update a massive drop of fps happen in every game

Message 1 of 101 (3,840 Views)

Re: Game lagging a lot

★★★ Newbie

There are some video settings you can lower in your PlayStation 4 Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTa-8J_1xoQ

Or may be your display is 4k and Ps4 pro cannot handle 4k very well.

Message 2 of 101 (3,785 Views)

Re: Game lagging a lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@lianCTVS- After the April 30th "update" there was a major bug introduced that causes major stuttering/lag/frame rate drops. It's been an ongoing and constant issue for 3 weeks. No word from DICE/EA if it will be addressed.

here is my report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Still-MAJOR-stuttering-after-recent-UI-update/m-p/7867457...

@glellyswizzly- this is NOT a local hardware issue but a software bug that was introduced into the game on April 30th. It's happening to MOST PS4 players, MANY Xbox users and some PC players.

Message 3 of 101 (3,772 Views)

BFV PS4 Frame Rate major issue

★ Apprentice

In the last month or so BFV for me on my PS4 console has had a massive frame rate drop and it’s present in every game. I talked to PlayStation support about the issue being a console rather than game issue and they said storage space and a clean PS4 is a big cause of performance drops. I spent two hours taking apart and cleaning my PS4 and it no longer sounds like a jumbo jet but the performance is still the same. 

In BFV a month ago frame drops were only noticeable in Hamada on large player servers and with each update it has got worse. When I fire weapons it’s like the game sticks for a very small milliseconds but is still very noticeable and when firing a turret the gun completely freezes for half a second after firing a few rounds. Apart from that playing any mode other than small scale TDM now causes me to feel sick because the frame rate is so bad. When you run forwards in game you see all sorts of small details loading in the game like it wasn't before and it’s like you are running and stopping, running stopping etc... even though I’m just always running forward normally. 

Can an anyone please let me know if they’ve had similar issues or what it may be causing it? It’s 100% not my tv and if it was my PS4 I don’t know why it would be like this or even if it was a latest PS4 update to cause this to everyone but I can’t find similar stories anywhere. 

The game by my standards, BFV in particular is unplayable now and it’s one of if not my favourite games regardless of the bugs and faults it has. I really don’t want to miss out on new content but I can’t bring my self to play through these conditions. Any advice would be great. 

Message 4 of 101 (3,796 Views)

Re: BFV PS4 Frame Rate major issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yes, this is a known issue on Xbox, PS4 and PC since the end of April update. Most are experiencing a stutter to go along with the frame rate drops as well.

Have you played today since the new update is out?   We we were all hoping this new patch would fix it.

Message 5 of 101 (3,777 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for reply, I have played after the update today and it’s still as bad as ever and so I can’t see myself playing again until any fix. I had to post here as I couldn’t find anywhere online anyone else who is experiencing the same issues so i guess it’s not everyone. After 3 weeks I wish it would be fixed soon as  it is pretty much unplayable. Thank you

Message 6 of 101 (3,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ethanw1999586 @xTWENTYxONEx I've been reporting on this since April 30th. DICE/EA originally tried to blame our local set-up but it is so pervasive that it is OBVIOUSLY a software issue cause by the April 30th update.

Considering how badly it's affecting the game I'm SHOCKED it hasn't been addressed on this update. That means that we will LIKELY have the bug for another 4 weeks minimum.

I posted in the BUG report forum but it was moved over here for some reason (seems like a bug to me): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/STILL-massive-stuttering-after-May-23-update-since-April-...

Message 8 of 101 (3,750 Views)

Re: STILL massive stuttering after May 23 update (since April 30th)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Adman_Tor  @ethanw1999586 

I am on Xbox One X and can confirm that the major frame rate drops are still happening during heavy action.

However, The micro stutter that I was experiencing since the last update does seem to be much better although I am still noticing it a tiny bit here and there. 

@EA_Atic  @EA_Blueberry I know it would be greatly appreciated if one of you could please reply and possibly provide some feedback when you have time. I'd like to make this the main thread for both Xbox and PS4 players to provide feedback and keep up with any updates on this major issue. Thank you for your help!

As always, we would just like to know that the Devs are aware and are making this a priority for hopefully the next update.

Message 9 of 101 (3,837 Views)

Re: STILL massive stuttering after May 23 update (since April 30th)

★★ Pro

@xTWENTYxONEx  - the silence is absolutely deafening.... Looks like another 4-5 weeks of this BS at least.

Message 10 of 101 (3,827 Views)