Game keeps tabbing out

by Tzimbalo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game keeps tabbing out

★ Novice

The game has started to tab out today (14th of June), it tabs out after a few seconds, sometimes a bit longer. It keeps tabbing out, even if I don't press any keys or move the mouse.

The out tabbing increases in frequency if I go into options.

I have had this problem before(after the last major patch)  and then it was solved with updating the graphics drivers to my Geforce GT1060 card. But now I already have the latest drivers.

This sucks big time since it makes the game completely unplayable. 

Message 1 of 3 (9,195 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game keeps tabbing out

★ Novice

I managed to solve it by updating w10 and disable Origin & GeForce overlay.

Thanks

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (9,160 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Tzimbalo wrote:

The game has started to tab out today (14th of June), it tabs out after a few seconds, sometimes a bit longer. It keeps tabbing out, even if I don't press any keys or move the mouse.

The out tabbing increases in frequency if I go into options.

I have had this problem before(after the last major patch)  and then it was solved with updating the graphics drivers to my Geforce GT1060 card. But now I already have the latest drivers.

This sucks big time since it makes the game completely unplayable. 

@Tzimbalo it sounds as if something in windows is stealing focus from your game. Check your Antivirus and firewall and if on Win10 perhaps try game mode so notifications don't pop up while playing.

One additional thought, if you have steam running in the background kill it and see if that helps. For a while even on Win7 Steam would steal focus from a game until I changed my notification preferences such as when when friends log in and out or start a new game.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 3 (9,176 Views)

★ Novice

I managed to solve it by updating w10 and disable Origin & GeForce overlay.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3 (9,161 Views)