by felker_s

Original Post

Game keeps crashing on Xbox One X

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game randomly freezes with an ugly "clinking" sound then crashes to dashboard.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, I guess.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game comes to a complete stop, the audio glitches out, then the game closes entirely.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I've had this happen maybe 4-5 times during my whole BF2 career (been here since launch, ~860 hours on track), but now I've had two crashes in these two days I've played.

It's not even over extended hours of playing - yesterday I've had a crash in my first match (Naboo Capital Supremacy, right after a change to the boarding phase - game crashed after the cutscene), and now I've had it on my second match (Geonosis Galactic Assault, totally random timing late-game).

I don't know what could cause this, but this is getting way too frequent. Losing the whole progress of a match (especially in CS...) is a huge blow to my mood and motivation to play this game.

Message 1 of 5 (1,175 Views)

Re: Game keeps crashing on Xbox One X

★★★ Newbie

My game does this also. Almost leveled Anakin up to level 20 and then I get kicked when I have a 110+ kills Frown this is silly guys, I keep losing my progress and tbh WHEN WILL IT STOP? I love this game but this killing my experience everytime...

Message 2 of 5 (1,154 Views)

Community Manager

@felker_s  @sullivan34715 

Thanks for raising this to us, I know stuff like that can be a turn off. Have you tried any specific troubleshooting steps yet to avoid crashes? We have steps below that usually minimize performance issues on Xbox One (I do these myself once a month as maintenance). If these steps below don't fix, I know it's not ideal but a reinstall could be worth a try if you plan to step away from the console for a few hours. Keep us updated.

If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 5 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry 

Hey, thanks for the reply, but yes, I've done all these steps. My console is always turned off completely anyhow, I don't use the Instant-on mode.

It also doesn't seem to be a case of overheating or any other hardware error, the fans are normal, and nothing loses functionality.

Message 4 of 5 (1,132 Views)

Community Manager

@felker_s  @sullivan34715 

Is this still happening to you and do you use an external hard drive? Has a reinstall of the game been attempted?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,062 Views)