Game keeps alt-tab'ing itself

by MetalGearWar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game keeps alt-tab'ing itself

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There have been two issues, since i started playing on my laptop. The first issue was with "downgraded" graphics, although everything was set to lets say almost high settings. The second issue, and the most annoying one, is that when i start the game, it just alt tabs by itself. I go back to the game, 1 sec after, alt tabs again and so on and so forth. It WONT let me play. 

check the dxdiag if it ll help. thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (12,698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game keeps alt-tab'ing itself

Community Manager

Hey @MetalGearWar !

If you're still having trouble with this it's likely because the game is running off your Intel chip instead of your NVIDIA one. Right-click on the desktop and go to your NVIDIA Control Panel and add the game to run on that card. You should be able to do this under your GeForce Experience program too. 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (12,668 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @MetalGearWar !

If you're still having trouble with this it's likely because the game is running off your Intel chip instead of your NVIDIA one. Right-click on the desktop and go to your NVIDIA Control Panel and add the game to run on that card. You should be able to do this under your GeForce Experience program too. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (12,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is not working. Please advise further. I played this game perfectly fine for 8 hours the other day. But now it won't stay on screen and keeps alt-tabbing itself out after approximately 5 seconds.

Message 3 of 3 (2,159 Views)