Game is unplayable Freeze/Stutter even with high FPS

by Dextive16

Original Post

Re: Game is unplayable Freeze/Stutter even with high FPS

★★★ Apprentice

+1 

The custscene are very freezing in Single, but in game i have 90+ FPS on Ultra.

Message 21 of 59 (1,330 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. Every time I joined a new game it stuttered at the beginning. At the end of the game it stopped stuttering but still it was annoying because I was not able to play the game at the beginning of the match.

I made the stuttering less with enabling adaptive vsync in NVIDIA control panel and turning vsync in swbf2 off.

Message 22 of 59 (1,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi all,

You could try to use User.cfg, or when launching the came, open the console (tilde-key) and insert these commands:

UI.DrawEnable 1
PerfOverlay.Drawfps 1
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 80

And see if that helps ( In the image, see top right, for menus it's going haywire, but quite constant 60-80fps in-game with V-sync and the lines from above )

Message 23 of 59 (1,226 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem got 60+fps on lowest settings but i got alltime freezes\stuttering
gpu - amd 7970 ghz edition 3gb

cpu - i5 6600k

ram - 8gb

to compare - battlefield 1 with better settings runs witih no freeze at 60+fps :{

Message 24 of 59 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well scratch that - even as the fps-counters are steady at 60-80 capped, in Death Star starfighter map it feels like a Michael J Fox simulator - does not matter if you're playing on ultra or low settings, no matter which resolution, so now I'm pointing my finger to the network code - nothing to do with effects.

Message 25 of 59 (1,205 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Do you have pages files / virtual memory disable or enable?

If it's disable, try turn it back on to system manage and see if it helps with the stuttering you are having

Message 26 of 59 (1,193 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not OP, but answering on my behalf; my laptop is an ASUS ROG GLVW752, has 16GB ram, the game is run from an SSD while game data is on a 1TB SATA III 7200K drive, and drives have virtual paging/memory controlled by Windows 10 (Pro). Same issues on my gaming rig, and my "backup" MSI GS70 Stealth (lower end machine, endured the pain of download and install just to test I'm not losing my mind Standard smile )

Message 27 of 59 (1,185 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello,

Did you disable Origin in game ? https://i0.wp.com/beebom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Disable-Origin-In-Game.jpg?resize=640%2C428&...

Motherboard drivers are updated on the manufacturer's site ?

GeForce Experience is uninstalled ?

Any programs running in the background ? Disable as much as possible before playing.

Message 28 of 59 (1,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Do you have : Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checked as your game is running from an other driver?

This option should be checked if you run a game from another drive than the one with the OS.

What do you mean by " the game is running from a SSD and the game data are on HDD?

Game +Game data should be running form the same drive, doesn't it?

Message 29 of 59 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yup and yup and yup (GeForce experience never even worked with these dual GPU-systems), few negligible services running on background, ROG driver version is 388.13 64bit WHQL, tried 4 prior WHQL's I had. All this started (for me) after the patch update to 1.02 - running Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition Standard smile

Message 30 of 59 (1,169 Views)