Game is unplayable Freeze/Stutter even with high FPS

by Dextive16

Original Post

Game is unplayable Freeze/Stutter even with high FPS

★★★★★ Novice

Hi!

Just bought this game today, playing the campaign and realize it keep stutter and freeze during cutscenes and gameplay.

I tried multiplayer and it happens the same. Gameplay is a bit smooth but as soon as i shoot someone the game stutter and i end up dead all duels. 

Flying in this game is totally UNPLAYABLE. When i spawn as any ship, the game stutter and freezes until i die.

Can't play multiplayer without raging at this stutter.

Turned on V-Sync and it fixes a bit but the game still stutter from time to time.

I tried Reinstall the game but doesn't fix it. I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers.

The nvidia shadowplay is telling me the FPS is 100+ but the game keeps freeze/stutter all the time.

I play on High quality with:

Intel core 3770k 4.2GHz

Gtx 1080

Game is on a SSD

16Gb Ram

Anyone with the same problem and fix?

Message 1 of 59 (4,736 Views)

Re: Game is unplayable Freeze/Stutter even with high FPS

★ Apprentice

Try to get a software like RivaTuner Statistic Server to cap your fps at around 60-80. This combined with v-sync fixed alot of problem with crashing and stutter for me.

Otherwise, i hope EA comes out with a hotfix or and update to fix these problems. Hope this helps you

Message 2 of 59 (4,666 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I've got the same specs basically and still get stutters in games, even though I can run the game on ultra. 

Message 3 of 59 (4,659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It didn't work with rivatuner but nvidia inspector worked! Game is a bit playable again and i hope EA fixes this.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 59 (4,605 Views)

[ Edited ]

I did the same but used the vsync in NVIDIA control panel and set it to adaptive and my power state to max and stutter is all but gone ( will stutter/drop FPS rarely now) and dont have to download or run a program in the back ground. Hope this helps  

Message 5 of 59 (4,580 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been crashing during the campaign.  Stats show no overheating and I'm getting about 70FPS on Ultra settings with 3840 x 1600 resolution

Tracking down the event log shows it's the RUNTIMEBROKER being the culprit, but I can't find anything further.

Regular maps like Galactic Assault I haven't crashed in.

I don't crash in Star Wars Battlefront 1

Suggestions?

Message 6 of 59 (4,573 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
As an experiment: try turning post processing to low, turn off ambient occlusion and set mesh quality to ultra. And try switching V-sync on and off.
Message 7 of 59 (4,555 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok.  I just crashed in the regular Galactic Assault map.

This is weird because I went through a whole play series of ALL maps on the day of launch without any crashes.

Either something has changed on the back end, or some setting I may have changed in my video settings.

I can't remember what.  hmm

Message 8 of 59 (4,509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problems here, I also had many crashes while returning on the main menu. 

Message 9 of 59 (4,500 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah the problem is still here, even after using adaptive v-sync or forcing limited FPS with nvidia inspector. Frown I hope EA does something about this soon. Frown Game is so unplayable atm

Message 10 of 59 (4,487 Views)