Re: Game is unplayable Freeze/Stutter even with high FPS

by brownieland

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie
DUDE! Same issue playing Anthem. Took me 4 days to figure it out! Reseated the graphics card, went back to old drivers, reinstalled, and everything else under the sun. Swapped to mouse and keyboard, instant fix. Literally waster 10 hrs before getting to this idea because the disconnects were so shot that the controller never started blinking or anything. Everything looked fine. Even other games worked fine. Unbelievable.

Just wanted to shout out to you as I am sure you also struggled to wrap your brain around this one. PC gaming ... *sigh*
Message 51 of 59 (1,958 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

So I just got the game and had some problems like this as well. I tried digging online for a solution but nothing worked for me, so I decided to try and fix this myself.

I navigated around the games' collection menu where I ususally experienced loading/stutter issues while trying to change the appeareance of any class.

I had the task manager open on my other screen and observed what happened every time the game would stutter, and after some careful examination I saw that every time the game "freezed" Bitdefender Antivirus' usage would rise to about 0.2% and then after the game "unfreezed" it would go down to 0%.

So I uninstalled Bitdefender and sure enough now it works perfectly! I wasn't afraid of removing Bitdefender since Windows Defender is pretty good on it's own but if you don't trust it that much you can download Avast (for free, and no this is not an ad lmao) and it won't cause any problems with the game, at least it doesn't for me.

Hope this helps someone as well since I saw nobody talking about this fix!

Best regards,

Nixy

Message 52 of 59 (1,843 Views)

★★ Novice

August 2019 wanna see if anyone has found a fix or if the dev have made a fix. I just go this game a few days ago and when I play I get random stutters that feel like fps drop, especially in cut scenes. The issue I have with this is I am running 2080 with i5 8600k and never drop bellow 150fps at 1440p. Why is there this issue?

Message 53 of 59 (1,666 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @TJona91,  sorry to hear about the performance issue, When playing do you notice any hardware spiking while playing?

/Atic 

Message 54 of 59 (1,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Atic 

There doesn't seem to be any hardware spikes. Cut scenes play with 200 fps and cpu gpu load hardly move beyond 60% but it still looks choppy. Game play fluctuates but similar do not notice spikes in hardware other than usual game spikes. Attached it a screen shot of in game performance with afterburner. Had to crop it.

Message 55 of 59 (1,596 Views)

EA DICE Team

Cheers for the update ! @TJona91 

In general overlays and frostbite games are not best friends, try turning of MSI afterburner - its known to cause issues with Star Wars: Battlefront 2. 

/Atic 

Message 56 of 59 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm so sorry truly, I hope you find a fix, playing Anthem is just a terrible bug I hope you find a better game to play what game is just horrendous sorry you were tricked into buying it I really feel your pain

Message 57 of 59 (1,530 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I had same issue. Installed Battlfront 2 only recently, it worked ok initially, but over weeks or months it gradually became more stutterry. It was not funt to play anymore. Tried few things listed in this forum, and got it solved, finally!.

This is what I have changed since last session of Battelfront 2:

* updating graphics driver. Windows device manager wrongly showed that my drivers are the latest. It was 5 months out of date. Updated directly from Nvidia.(probable fix reason)

* Disabling Origin in-game overlay.

Hope it helps someone.

Message 58 of 59 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DanieliusApex i have disabled origin in game overlay, have the latest drivers for my gpu and still get terrible performance here and there.
Message 59 of 59 (661 Views)