Re: Game is minimizing automaticly

by qba_zeus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game is minimizing automaticly

★★★ Newbie

So i play Apex Legends almost from day game was able to play and in start everything was good,  i was using 1600 x 900 resolution instead of 1920 x 1080 (native) just to get more FPS in game cuz i have budget pc but after few days game just started minimizing automaticly when playing in full screen, and if i change to borderless in that resolution, that cant be at full screen so its annoying to play like that but game is not minimizing anymore, also tryed to play full screen at 1920 x 1080 and its same, minimizing few times per game. So now im playing borderless but in 1920 x 1080 and its okay, i mean i dont get as much fps.. but still dont get why is it minimizing while in full :/ is this some game bug or what? This is only game im having this problem

Message 2 of 8 (3,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

I've had a similar occurrence where Origin notifications have seemingly caused Apex Legends to minimise.

You could try disabling Origin overlay or Origin in game notifications.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (3,425 Views)

All Replies

Game minimizes constantly

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia Device ID: 10DE 1401 19623842 Nvidia Part #: G301 0001
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? therealghiklmTTV
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Various legends
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Various legends
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Various parts of map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Multiple dates
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I am currently in a game and there is a notification pop-up stating somebody is playing Apex Legends, somebody is online, somebody stopped playing Apex Legends, or somebody is online, my game will automatically minimize.
What should be happening instead? The game shouldn't minimize because of a notification.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a game on my computer and receive different notifications stating that a player is online, a player started playing apex legends, and player stopped playing apex legends, a player is offline. For best results, don't sit in the beginning lobby too long. I am unsure if receiving the first notification in the beginning lobby first will affect the first in-game notification. I leave my game open for the 2-4 hours I play it each day.

The issue happens when I receive my first notification of the game. There are times when I don't get minimized but that is when I have sat in the lobby for a while and have received notifications. My game doesn't minimize due to notifications in the main lobby screen. When I hop into a game quickly after launch the game, my game will get minimized automatically with the first notification. Once it happens, I re-open the game and continue to play normally. After the first issue, notifications no longer affect any of my following games. This issue happens across all legends and in various parts of the map.

Attached is my game video settings.

Message 1 of 8 (3,433 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I've had a similar occurrence where Origin notifications have seemingly caused Apex Legends to minimise.

You could try disabling Origin overlay or Origin in game notifications.

Message 3 of 8 (3,426 Views)

Game minimizing on origin invites and messages

★★★★ Novice

whenever i get an origin message or game invite, my game downsizes. This is super annoying. I just got killed in a game because I got a message in the middle of a fire fight. Any idea how to fix this?

Message 4 of 8 (3,424 Views)

Game invite minimized my game and pulled me out of game.

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? tesservct
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. near swamps
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. looting an airdrop
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 6-7
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? during match
What should be happening instead? nothing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have origin overlay enabled?

someone invited me to a match. It minimized my game. I alt tabbed and turn my friend's list "invisible" then the game pulled me into the inviter's party anyways.

video: https://streamable.com/na1o7

Message 5 of 8 (3,416 Views)

Re: Game invite minimized my game and pulled me out of game.

★★ Novice
can upload diax_dag if it didnt upload in OP.
Message 6 of 8 (3,415 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. Apex minimizes randomly every few minutes. A simple Alt+Tab brings it back on. It happens not only during gameplay but also in menu. or loading screens sometimes. 
I have tried multiple proposed solutions including disabling all origin and system notifications etc. and nothing helped. 

This happens only with Apex Legends and it started only after a patch a few weeks back (not the big one for S2, the one before). Before the problem did not occur at all. 

I have a GTX970 and a dual monitor setup but that was not never causing any trouble in any other games. 

Is there a working solution? 

Message 7 of 8 (3,072 Views)

★ Novice
@qba_zeus I am playing native 1920 resolution all the time.
Message 8 of 8 (3,071 Views)