Re: Game is freezing my pc at any and all settings.

by vDerickv

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@ragnarok013 

Ok in the event viewer i found the eventlogs showing the time of the crashes and the only other things that matches those error times is under the warning tab. and it has e1i65x64 saying intel ethernet connection network link disconnected at the same time of crash and under the same tab of warning under certificate servicesclient-auto enrollment has a log at time of crash aswell I have absolutely no idea if any of this info helps. I'll try a clean boot again because there was a bfv update but i highly doubt i'll get a diff outcome.

Message 11 of 19 (845 Views)

@vDerickv wrote:

@ragnarok013 

Ok in the event viewer i found the eventlogs showing the time of the crashes and the only other things that matches those error times is under the warning tab. and it has e1i65x64 saying intel ethernet connection network link disconnected at the same time of crash and under the same tab of warning under certificate servicesclient-auto enrollment has a log at time of crash aswell I have absolutely no idea if any of this info helps. I'll try a clean boot again because there was a bfv update but i highly doubt i'll get a diff outcome.

@vDerickv Now I think we're getting somewhere.  I've been having random connection drops and I notice if I kill any running programs called "killer network" in the task manager (I have one of Killer's ethernet cards) my issues get much better and I can play normally.  Do you have a Killer NIC or any of its programs running?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 12 of 19 (834 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ragnarok013 So while I was running in clean boot the game crashed. As I booted up I rebooted to my hdd. Thought that was weird. Apparently my system launch files got corrupt on my ssd. Had to completly reinstall windows on it, it wouldn't even let me use repair. Downloading battlefield v and all up to date drivers and giving it a try later tonight. Fresh PC nothing but origin battlefield and updated drivers. If this doenst work. I'll probably uninstall.
Message 13 of 19 (827 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ragnarok013 so after al of this the game has not crashed . Played about 2 hrs total no crashes. That's more then iv played total with the 20+ crashes dont want to jinx it bcuz I'm downloading other games now but seems a redownload of windows because the system boot files being corrupted took me down the right path. Will try again tomorrow with all games downloaded. Then will overclock and test again. Fingers crossed.

Message 14 of 19 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

All i did was install a few other games and msi afterburne r(not setting any of that up just download) and i got this bs and couldn't load bf5. Well now i downloaded the most recent driver directly from the website. game loads no crashes so far. only had about 30 mins of testing tonight have to go to bed. will do another full test w/ oc settings and overlays setup tomorrow.

Message 15 of 19 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]

@vDerickv wrote:

All i did was install a few other games and msi afterburne r(not setting any of that up just download) and i got this bs and couldn't load bf5. Well now i downloaded the most recent driver directly from the website. game loads no crashes so far. only had about 30 mins of testing tonight have to go to bed. will do another full test w/ oc settings and overlays setup tomorrow.

@vDerickv is Afterburner running in the system at all when the issue happens? If you kill any instances of it in the task manager do you still crash or not load? One thing that I've heard from some of my friends is that uninstalling the last Windows update (1903 I believe) has prevented crashes for them. It might be something to try as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 16 of 19 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

no msi afterburner was not running while the crash happened. Ever since the fresh install of windows i haven't had 1 crash in bf5 just got done w/ 2 full conquest games no crash. about to overclock and try again.

Message 17 of 19 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well i'v played a total of 2 hrs w/ no crashes today on oc settings. seems reinstall of windows fixed it for me. Not sure this will work for everyone but that obv fixed mine.

Message 18 of 19 (1,473 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the update @vDerickv

Good to hear that it got solved in the end. 

/Atic 

Message 19 of 19 (732 Views)