Re: Game is freezing my pc at any and all settings.

by vDerickv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game is freezing my pc at any and all settings.

★★★★★ Novice

I have used you tube and other sites to give advice on how to stop battlefield from freezing my pc. well i did all the suggestions possible including downclocking. Nothing has worked. i have found possibly something that is in common with what i've looked up and that we're all using i7 processors 

I'm running i7 7700 @ 4.20ghz 4200mhz 4 core 8 processor. i'm running the game at lowest settings possible. any input is appreciated but this is mostly a feedback bcuz i'm about to uninstall i've crashed over 20 times and over 10 of those just today as i just purchased this game yesterday.

Message 1 of 19 (891 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Well i'v played a total of 2 hrs w/ no crashes today on oc settings. seems reinstall of windows fixed it for me. Not sure this will work for everyone but that obv fixed mine.

View in thread

Message 18 of 19 (1,467 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @vDerickv,

What else have you tried besides "downclocking"?

I just want to make sure that I don't repeat myself with Steps that you've already taken.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@iluminatethesky I'm not going to be able to list the whole 5 hrs of stuff i did today but here are a few things i remember that i'v done ea one by one and my pc hard freezing ea time. but iv tried everything possible suggested that iv found including repairing in origin. reinstalling, the game, dif windows update versions dif driver update versions. some properties/compatibility changes firewall settings dx12 on off.

Message 3 of 19 (867 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@vDerickv

Thanks for the Update.

Have you also tried these steps?

1. Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher: Go to Origin, Application Settings, More, and Origin in-game and make sure it's disabled

2. Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

3. Clear Origin Cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

4. Create a new Temporary Windows User Account, and see if you're able to play Battlefield V under that Account

Let us know if these help.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@iluminatethesky yes i'v done a clean boot cleaned cache and turned off all overlays including my own just to see if my temp monitors were causing the crash. as for the temporary windows user account i have not tried this and i don't see how that would make a difference in this case.

I'll add in here that one of the times i crashed. I saw a plane kamikaze into the ground as the pilot bailed. so i ran his direction from then on where the plane hit the wreckage sounded like a tank driving or something lol the audio was off as i got closer it got louder and then my game crashed lol. I found it highly ironic at the time.

Message 5 of 19 (855 Views)

@vDerickv wrote:

@iluminatethesky yes i'v done a clean boot cleaned cache and turned off all overlays including my own just to see if my temp monitors were causing the crash. as for the temporary windows user account i have not tried this and i don't see how that would make a difference in this case.

I'll add in here that one of the times i crashed. I saw a plane kamikaze into the ground as the pilot bailed. so i ran his direction from then on where the plane hit the wreckage sounded like a tank driving or something lol the audio was off as i got closer it got louder and then my game crashed lol. I found it highly ironic at the time.

That is odd @vDerickv . The first thing I'd try is scanning your windows installation for errors as described here:  https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-sfc-command-utility-fix-system-files-windows-10

Next if you're using MSI afterburner (this program has caused issues with Battlefield titles since BF3) disable it, and disable anything else with an overlay enabled as well for good measure.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 19 (831 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ragnarok013 yes iv done that and disabled all overlays/ any programs running in the background.

I also just tried this sfc scan and...

Did not find any integrity violation...

I'll add in here I run the gtx 1060 6gb as it may be useful info idk. I never have massive frame drops or anything in game and temps stay even not much if any fluctuation in temp voltage power fan. Nothing spikes in either direction. I'm stumped.

No other games make my PC crash right now. Iv done massive amounts of stress tests on my OC settings too and it plays fine on every other game I have and I never crash of those. Those games mostly just include apex legends, ring of elysium, rainbow six seige, and overwatch as of right now.

Message 7 of 19 (818 Views)

★ Guide
@vDerickv Can you Upload your DxDiag ?

That will give @iluminatethesky and @ragnarok013
All the information about your system.

Kind regards
MLB2CLG
Message 8 of 19 (814 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 9 of 19 (809 Views)

@vDerickv wrote:

@ragnarok013 yes iv done that and disabled all overlays/ any programs running in the background.

I also just tried this sfc scan and...

Did not find any integrity violation...

I'll add in here I run the gtx 1060 6gb as it may be useful info idk. I never have massive frame drops or anything in game and temps stay even not much if any fluctuation in temp voltage power fan. Nothing spikes in either direction. I'm stumped.

No other games make my PC crash right now. Iv done massive amounts of stress tests on my OC settings too and it plays fine on every other game I have and I never crash of those. Those games mostly just include apex legends, ring of elysium, rainbow six seige, and overwatch as of right now.

Thanks for the DXDIAG @vDerickv  your system is definitely robust enough to run BF5 without issue. Have you looked at your event viewer when BF5 crashes? Have you tried a clean boot and then playing BF5 to see if the crashes persist?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 10 of 19 (746 Views)