Re: Game is freezing for a LOT of people since an update about 2 weeks ago

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game is freezing for a LOT of people since an update about 2 weeks ago

★★ Apprentice

So since one of the last updates about 2 weeks ago, many of us who had NO problems before, now have random game freezes.  It might be the Feb 27 update, since all of us noticed this started around 2 weeks ago.  IIRC there was a client update as well recently not sure if has different timing than the other more minor updates, but bottom line they broke something.

For myself, it could happen anywhere in the game at any time, like today just looking at someone's character inside the GA section, other day in the middle of battle in GA, then a battle in TB, etc just lots of random freezes, which is just how it sounds, the game completely locks up and you can do anything but shut it down, completely frozen. 

See this thread for some of the complaints, note that one guy there reported at least 5 people in his guild are having the issue. 

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197484/freezing-crashing#latest

I hope this will be investigated ASAP, I lost an easy GA match due to this, and others have similar experiences of course.  

Message 1 of 9 (575 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

Ok I thought this was a bug report....  Bug report created at below link, anyone else having the issue please comment over there and "me too" it

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-freezing-at-random-times-since-a-recent-update-2-3-weeks/...

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (492 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @jayjonbeach have you performed any troubleshooting steps for this since the update? 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 9 (540 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem..
Message 3 of 9 (534 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Lanna   Hi Lanna.  Thank you for the reply.  I have been through all those steps and have been playing the game for several years, this is an EA/CG issue.  Did you notice the thread I linked where MANY other long time players are also experiencing the exact same problem, ALL roughly starting after the Feb 27 update?  (including now another new person in this thread). 

Not a coincidence, they broke something.

Message 4 of 9 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @jayjonbeach I did, thanks for linking it.

If troubleshooting hasn't helped stop the freezing it may be a bug. I took a look to see if it had been reported already in the Bug Report section and spotted this report "Grand Arena, Raid, Territory Battle game freezes and crashes stopped responding". If this matches your issue, let me know and I'll merge your thread in with that to keep all posts on the same bug together. Could you also hit the 'Me Too' button under the first post? The 'Me too' button helps us track how many players on AHQ have experienced the bug.

If that's not the same as what you're experiencing, please Create a Bug Report and pop in the details asked in the template for tracking. 

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 9 (515 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Lanna . 

I think i have the same problem as @jayjonbeach  and i think it is not like the link with other report that you show us. From the link with this bug report i understand that his game is crashing when he is in GA, TW, TB and Raids. Then the game just stop working and you can open it again or send a report.

But the problem that i have is like this: 

Random game freezes no matter where i am in the game (squad arena battle, events, spending daily energy on sim battles, looking someone profile, GA, TW, TB, Raids) almost everywhere. But when i say that the game freezes i mean that the game and the phone freezes. I can not do anything... the phone just stopped working i can not even close the game app. The only solution that i can do is to hard reset my phone with power button and volume button up, because when i press only the power button for reset or shut down it is not responding too, so i need to hard reset the phone. I have Nokia 6 model and i notice that this problem comes several weeks ago after some game updates. Also last week i saw that there is new Android 9 update and i was thinking that this will fix my problem, but i was wrong. I update my phone the problem is still here even today my phone froze 2 times before my squad arena payout. I play on this phone from the start of my account around 1 year. I have no problems with other games or tasks that i am doing with my phone.

Several of my coworkers have the same problems (some of them get crashes, others get freezes like me). One of my coworkers have iphone and he is experiencing some crashes too, but not freezes like me and for him it looks like it is the bug report that you show us.

Message 6 of 9 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @ENERGYSS, ok so you've been performing the troubleshooting steps and it's still happening for you but it's not the same as the Bug report linked above. 🤔 I couldn't spot another existing Bug Report that might fit this. Would you be ok to create a Bug Report for this issue if it's different. This link will redirect you to a page where you can draft a new Bug Report. Bug Reports help flag the issue for tracking. Once you've a Bug Report created on it I'll drop a link to it in this thread for others players having the same issue so they'll know to visit your thread and click the 'Me too' button. 

Message 7 of 9 (501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok I thought this was a bug report....  Bug report created at below link, anyone else having the issue please comment over there and "me too" it

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-freezing-at-random-times-since-a-recent-update-2-3-weeks/...

Message 8 of 9 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks @jayjonbeach. I'll pin your post to the top of the thread for viz and lock this thread here. 

Message 9 of 9 (490 Views)