Game is constantly crashing on load

by SaberOner

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game is constantly crashing on load

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Star Wars Squadrons is constantly crashing on load. I've tried re-installing the game, setting the resolution to 1080p, settings all the way on the lowest setting. Attached is my dxdiag report.

I'm running Cylance in the background for anti-virus.

Thanks

AJ

Message 1 of 4 (672 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game is constantly crashing on load

★★ Novice

*UPDATE*

I updated my computer to Windows 10 20H2 October Update (not sure if there was anything that helped). After installing it, I re-installed Squadrons and it still crashed on startup. I then went into Geoforce Experience and set the game to performance which put everything on low settings. I was then finally able to play the game successfully.

Not sure what's happened. EA's games such as Fallen Order ran perfectly for me right out of the box at maximum settings.

I hope this helps someone else whose at least trying to get this game to at least run.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (639 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I tried using the Clean Boot method. Immediately BSOD right at the loading splash screen...

Message 2 of 4 (647 Views)

★★ Novice

*UPDATE*

I updated my computer to Windows 10 20H2 October Update (not sure if there was anything that helped). After installing it, I re-installed Squadrons and it still crashed on startup. I then went into Geoforce Experience and set the game to performance which put everything on low settings. I was then finally able to play the game successfully.

Not sure what's happened. EA's games such as Fallen Order ran perfectly for me right out of the box at maximum settings.

I hope this helps someone else whose at least trying to get this game to at least run.

Message 3 of 4 (640 Views)

EA DICE Team
@SaberOner thanks for the updates! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (591 Views)