Re: Game is Crashing Whenever I'm Near a Starship

by operat0r1

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ScoobKit Whats your volumetric quality settings on?

I cant replicate the issue my self no crashing for me I click on social menu. Reasons why I asked about moving it to 1080 resolution is not based on your screen its I have seen worked for other players with crashing issues.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have?

/Atic

Message 11 of 19 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic 

Here is my DXDIAG

Thank you for responding.  I'm wondering why I don't see crashes of SWS in the txt file.  There are dump files in my Documents folder, however.

Message 12 of 19 (452 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic I can try screenrecording it, so you can see exactly what happens. The screen hangs up, then suddenly im at the desktop. I will for a brief moment see the window with friend's list, ect.
Message 13 of 19 (449 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic So after trying to play the new 2.0 patch... all the problems I am having are still there. I click the social button and see the window pop up... then within 1 second, crash to desktop. In a dog fight, I kill someone... see myself get 100 points, then sound abruptly stops, and im at the desktop. Over and over.
Message 14 of 19 (413 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mine doesn't crash, but it does lag severely around big ships. But it only happens once per ship, i.e. first time flying past a Nebulon B will cause major stuttering, but flying past the same ship later is smooth. Does make me suspect a RAM problem, but it also didn't happen until the patches started coming out.

Message 15 of 19 (388 Views)

Message 16 of 19 (334 Views)

EA DICE Team

Looking at your @operat0r1  Dxdiag that CPU is under the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS GPU and everything else is fine but that CPU is to old.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Spoiler
Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 1300X or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): i5 6600k or Equivalent
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 660 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: Broadband Connection
Hard-drive space: 40 GB

/Atic

Message 17 of 19 (298 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic According to the following Reddit thread, lots of people are having issues when approaching big ships, and lots of those people have very powerful systems well above the game's recommended specs. Let's get this escalated to the dev teams please, it's making it very hard to play anything other than dogfight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSquadrons/comments/k9b7tz/momentary_fps_loss_the_first_time_you_com...

Message 18 of 19 (281 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic I re-seated the CPU everything was crashing so my bad.
Message 19 of 19 (260 Views)