Game has slight lag/stutter but only when moving the mouse

by Rocky10s

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game has slight lag/stutter but only when moving the mouse

★ Apprentice

I tried all the recommended solutions, it started happening after I updated my driver but reverting back to old one doesnt help me.

gpu saphire vega 64

cpu ryzen 3600

Message 1 of 5 (577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game has slight lag/stutter but only when moving the mouse

★ Apprentice

I am such an idiot, like 99% of the time, its always the users fault. I found the fix for my problem. Seems like I forgot to install my motherboard's drivers. Here is how u can check for yourself:

-Windows+R and type "devmgmt.msc"

-if u have some drivers under Other Devices that need to update then u forgot to install them

-search your motherboard's website (in my case it was AMD x570 so I went to their website and downloaded it)

-restart pc after install

Cant believe I forgot to install my motherboards drivers and I have had the pc for almost 2 months now.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (485 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Please someone help, stuttering feels like my frames are dropping but it doesnt show on the fps counter. My gpu doesnt go down like in other cases. I dont understand why would this start happening after I updated my drivers, my settings havent changed.

Message 2 of 5 (525 Views)

Hey @Rocky10s 

Can you try setting the polling rate of your mouse a bit lower?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 3 of 5 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ZeelmaekersI tried 250Hz and 500Hz, still the same Frown
It started when I updated my GPU drivers (it automatically updates a few other drivers too like audio and something else I forgot). I am borrowing another mouse in a few hours to check out if it is a mouse problem.

edit: the problem doesnt appear on Titanfall 2

Message 4 of 5 (509 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am such an idiot, like 99% of the time, its always the users fault. I found the fix for my problem. Seems like I forgot to install my motherboard's drivers. Here is how u can check for yourself:

-Windows+R and type "devmgmt.msc"

-if u have some drivers under Other Devices that need to update then u forgot to install them

-search your motherboard's website (in my case it was AMD x570 so I went to their website and downloaded it)

-restart pc after install

Cant believe I forgot to install my motherboards drivers and I have had the pc for almost 2 months now.

Message 5 of 5 (486 Views)