Re: Game hanging upon returning to lobby

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game hanging upon returning to lobby

★★★ Pro

Occasionally, after squad elimination, and returning to lobby the game hangs for a good amount of time before finally returning to the lobby.

I play soloq. This is not as frequent as it was sometimes during the past season for me, but it is very annoying when it happens.

I am on pc.

Message 1 of 6 (565 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Pro
@EA_Atic

No. Lately i have not experienced any.
Thank you for the follow up!

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (468 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @HopesKunai can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

/Atic

Message 2 of 6 (529 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EA_Atic

thank you for your help. I did reach out to EA help about it. It does not happen too often, and it hasn't happened more than twice since this post.
I think it is a server issue. For some reasons at times after spectating the team that defeated me it takes very long to return to the lobby.
I do not experience anything similar with any other games.
Also, I did reach out to help for FPS drops.
They mentioned very unrelated solutions, such as DNS issues, which is irrelevant as FPS drops are due to maps not being well optimized (maybe cannot be optimized).
FPS drops can be also seen when streamers stream apex legends --there are variations of around 50 frames during gameplay, and could be at arounbd 100 or more while on the dropship and during skydiving.

As far as my driver goes, it is nvidia 466.27 for 2080, I have an i7-8700k (standard gaming cpu), 16 gb ram at 3600mhz, and all liquid cooled -i can keep around 46F temp under stress. This rules out GPU throttling.
It is a pc build for gaming. While not cutting edge anymore it meets and exceeds the standards required by Apex by a good margin.
I am convinced that the issues I experience are due to the game acting out, as they are specific to apex legends.
This to say that I appreciate the interest, and that I know this is not likely to have a fix as the client has no way to address it.

My internet connection is very good. I have Gb speed, my latency to the game is usually around 30ms to the closest server (St.Louis or Iowa). I rarely experience noticeable lag, but I do experience hit registration issues (again another well known issue that is server side most likely and not client side).

Thank you again.
Message 3 of 6 (522 Views)

EA DICE Team
How has it been, still having random crashing? @HopesKunai

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (486 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EA_Atic

No. Lately i have not experienced any.
Thank you for the follow up!