Re: Game freezing - the sims mobile

by JulesDarling

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @JulesDarling. Thanks for the information in PM.

Your device is an older one, released in 2014, so that may be part of the hiccups you're experiencing. Let's give the following troubleshooting a try to see if it improves performance.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 21 of 27 (885 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was experiencing freezing, it was really bad and I tried EVERYTHING! I even reset my phone to factory settings, Nothing worked.

I noticed that the only time I was able to do anything without freezing was a sweet treat challenge or watching ads for rewards, this made me think that maybe it was my house 🤔 and it was! I moved a few plants and a couple of items to storage and it worked, my game has been running smoothly without issues. I put them back and it started freezing again. I guess my phone was struggling with loading it all up. I was surprised EA advisors had not mentioned it to me or I had thought of it sooner. Not sure if it will help but I thought I'd share in case it helps someone else. 

Message 22 of 27 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@EA_ArrenaiI already did those things... sighs although it isn’t ideal to play the game it is manageable. I am very grateful for your time and your help. ♥️ * just a thought, I had taken my iPad to Apple a few months ago and they removed many apps that I had not been using, TSM wasn’t one of them but maybe a support app? They removed my discord app, a coloring app and one that opens documents among other apps that I had not been using . When I tried to reload those apps they did it not recognize me , my emails or IDs. Could they have anything to do with this game, app, crashing? If I am being a pest feel free to ignore me! * still crashing.

Message 23 of 27 (821 Views)

Hey there, @JulesDarling.

Do you have a newer device you could test your account on? I know you mentioned your iPad Air 2, which is from 2014. I'd like to see if it makes a difference in how it plays for you.

At least it is good that you are able to play some in the meantime. As for your concern, the removal of a few apps and the clearing of the device's cache and it not remembering previous login issues wouldn't cause this, so that's fine

Hey, @MandeeTemples. To help look at your issue, what device are you playing The Sims Mobile on?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 24 of 27 (791 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Arrenai  I play on a Huawei honor 6x. My sims mobile game has been running great since I removed a few items from my house (around 10 items were put into storage) I've not experienced any lag, freezing or crashing since. My house is still pretty full and was in need of a spring clean lol. I'm having fun playing again 😁

Message 25 of 27 (773 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@EA_ArrenaiPretty sad that a five year old iPad is considered old! ☺️
I don’t have anything newer to test it on and to be 100 percent transparent I would not know how to put my actual game onto a new thing. LOL I don’t understand half of what is going on and I work online! Also, so you know, I have been playing TSM for over a year and every once in a while I still need help 😊

For now I will stay the path of being sweet and dressing my Sims to the nines! BTW I have twin sims making dressing the a little easier, same outfit in a different color! 

So no worries,  I am okay, the blinking and shutting on and off doesn’t seem to effect the game outside of being an inconvenience or an interruption for a second or two. I will shoot for a new iPad at Holiday season I cannot get one right now as I am knee deep in home construction 🔨.

I am more than thankful for your time and your sincerity to find me a solution! Take care and look for me with a new thingy around Dec/January. You are the best! 👏

Sincerely,

Jules Darling 

Message 26 of 27 (772 Views)

Happy Simming, @JulesDarling! Standard smile

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 27 of 27 (750 Views)