Game freezing catastrophically; sound issues/loading assets slowly

by Mongrel714

Original Post

Game freezing catastrophically; sound issues/loading assets slowly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've been having some issues with Apex recently that could conceivably be issues w/ my PC, but they are only happening in Apex currently. There are two issues which may or may not be related:

Issue #1: Apex will occasionally catastrophically freeze when it is loading the map (like, right when the dropship spawns in, or sometimes right before). When this happens, my whole compluter freezes; ctrl+alt+del does not work, nor does Alt+Tab, Alt+F4, or ctrl+shift+esc, the computer is just completely unresponsive. If I wait some time (maybe a couple minutes to ten minutes or so? Haven't timed it) the computer will return to functionality, at which point any inputs I've put in prior will go off (so I'll go to the ctrl+alt+del screen, for instance, or the game will tab out from Alt+Tab). When this happens, I will have been dropped from the game and will be unable to rejoin; if I try I'll get an error that's something to the effect of "could not connect to server." I'll basically need to wait until that game ends to play again.

Issue #2: Sometimes, when I drop in to a map, I will have issues with sound and/or assets loading in. That is to say, the visual assets for loot and characters (character models, guns/ammo/etc on the ground, hands/guns wielded by my character, etc.) will be gone (invisible, basically) for some time (minutes usually) after dropping. The sound issues manifest in strange delays of some sounds, and weird muffling of others, as if some of the bits of the usual sound are missing. So I won't hear pings, weapons firing, etc. for a few minutes after dropping (which can easily get me killed if there are other squads nearby), then after whatever issue this is is corrected I'll hear most/all of those muted sounds play at once (so I'll hear a bunch of gunshots, pings, explosions, etc.). I'll note that I've seen this issue before w/ Overwatch back when I played that game, and expect I'd still have this problem if I were to load Overwatch back up, so this one at least is apparently not unique to Apex (the freezing issue never happened in OW though).

The weird thing about these is that there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to them. The asset loading issues are most commonly in the first game or two of the day, but I often have no issues with those first few games at all, and sometimes I'll play several games with no issues then drop in for the next game and have assets not load properly. There doesn't seem to be anything that triggers the game freeze either...it might be more common when I pick a different legend than I did the previous game, but I'm not really sure about that. 

In any case, I'm definitely interested in fixing these issues (even if it's a PC issue and means I need to replace a part or something). Any insight is appreciated. 

My system specs: 
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 52 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (8-8-8-20)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. SABERTOOTH X58 (LGA1366) 46 °C
Graphics
HP x20LED (1600x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (Gigabyte) 50 °C
Storage
596GB Western Digital WDC WD6401AALS-00E3A0 ATA Device (SATA ) 35 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST a ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

I do have Razer Synapse, I've seen some stuff that suggests that has caused problems w/ Apex in the past, but what I've read suggests those issues are fixed now so...I dunno. o.o

Message 1 of 3 (681 Views)

Re: Game freezing catastrophically; sound issues/loading assets slowly

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Mongrel714

Could you please take a look at these troubleshooting threads and check out the troubleshooting steps suggested. These threads are quite thorough and go through the available  troubleshooting options which can help to improve game freezing.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 3 (626 Views)

Re: Game freezing catastrophically; sound issues/loading assets slowly

★★ Apprentice
@Mongrel714
i fixed the issue,i just bought myself few packs of hook-on-ear earphones and they fixed all itself by just plug and play-without doing nothing.earphones with plastic hook to fit your ear are sold widely worldwide with free shipping for 5usd and plus minus.lags are from neq nvidia driver-when lags see if new driver is launched and install it-its made this way by nvidia-they lag all games till you install it.see if tomorrow they will launch the driver or today if start to lag
Message 3 of 3 (579 Views)