Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Australia
On which server did this happen? Multiple
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since latest patch
Summarize your bug Go to join server. Game freezes on loading screen requiring restart. Can happen up to four times in a row. I lack the patience to test it further
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Joining servers with xbox live friends in them seems to trigger it. Have had it happen every way of joining a match
What happens when the bug occurs? Game starts to load map but freezes towards the end of the loading screen requiring game restart
What should be happening instead? I should be getting into games

Map loading screen hangs randomly. The more friends playing the map you are loading the more likely the problem seems to occur. When combined with terrible hit registration it makes the game unplayable. When you finally do get into a server you have to deal with being shot around corners and non aligned hitboxes

Message 1 of 3 (452 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezes when loading maps when joining new server

@l337RAGE When you restart BF5 are you just closing the app or doing a hard reset of the console? I ask because many of the Xbox One issues reported on Reddit have been solved by doing a hard reset of the console by holding the power button until the console shuts down.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (333 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie
@l337RAGE devs hotfix for xbox didnt work more info on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljrz0FOMpaI
Message 2 of 3 (389 Views)

@l337RAGE When you restart BF5 are you just closing the app or doing a hard reset of the console? I ask because many of the Xbox One issues reported on Reddit have been solved by doing a hard reset of the console by holding the power button until the console shuts down.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)