Re: Game freezes up my PC randomly

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Game freezes up my PC randomly

★★★ Newbie

As far as I was able to understand by searching the internet and these support forums the game has issues with AMD GPUs that were never really resolved. I'm running an RX480 8GB, i7-6700, 16GB RAM, 75Hz Freesync 1080p monitor, Windows 10.

I'm experiencing the following issues (these never ever happen in other games and aside from these the game runs at very high framerates and is super smooth):

- random extreme stuttering that lasts anywhere from 15-60s which happens like once per hour of gameplay and isn't that annoying and I can live with it but the next issue...

- random crashes that freeze my PC completely and turn off the display. Nothing but a hard reboot helps. Afterwards my GPU acts weird, fans keep spinning up and down until I shutdown my PC completely again and boot it cold.

One of the potential solutions that I found was to lower the texture settings but I still experience the random freezes with texture settings set to medium (low is unbearably ugly) while the stuttering is happening less often.

Any solutions that might have popped up in the meantime? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (693 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @DoctorDoc93, Thanks for the detailed information! 

If you go into Microsoft event viewer do you see the crash logged from Titianfall2 from there and if you what is it's saying caused it? 

/Atic 
Message 2 of 6 (660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue as well. I have a GeForce GTX 1050 ti GPU with 16 GB Ram running on an amd FX-8370 processor. Randomly during a game, my computer will stutter indefinitely and cause all audio(even the audio not within the game to stutter as well). It is really unbearable and it is driving me away from playing Titanfall 2(which sucks because I really love this game). Lowering my textures did nothing for me either. I'm really hoping that this issue is resolved soon so that I can get back into the action. 

Message 3 of 6 (625 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @zehuskybanana231, when playing can you start Task manager and after the lag is starting do you see anything in Task manager that is spiking to 100% while playing? 

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for responding @EA_Atic ! I checked my task manager after a freeze and there was no significant spike in performance in any of my tabs. I'm unsure how to proceed from here as I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times to no avail. I love this game and its a real bummer when I can't play it for more than 20 minutes.

Message 5 of 6 (536 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for coming back, try reinstalling the GPU drivers and make sure that Windows is up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Titanfall 2and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

How is the temps of the PC when playing? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (508 Views)