Game freezes, then looses connection to server (AMD FX-6300 related?)

by Wolpyy

Original Post

Re: Game freezes, then looses connection to server (AMD FX-6300 related?)

★ Guide

Can anyone confirm turning off 2 cores gets rid of the game disconnecting?

Message 61 of 187 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I limited to 4 cores on msconfig and works fine now  too. But since my processor is a FX-6100 i lost some fps stability with 2 cores less, so im having some fps drops and mouse hanging out.

Please fix the game @EA_Blueberry  @EA_Dave . Don't must be so hard, knowing the exactly problem now.

Message 62 of 187 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just tried disabling 2 cores. Didn't work. Froze on the second game.

EDIT: I tried to disable on the msconfig, didn't work. Is there any difference between disablign on the BIOS and msconfig?

EDIT2: Tried disabling the BIOS way, just played 20 matches without crashing, but I have performance issues now. The ideal way is to set affinity on the process, but EAC forbids.

You'll encounter a lot of microstuttering. If you set the -high parameter it will be solved but anything else on your computer (discord, spotify) will be unusable.

Message 63 of 187 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

well, at this time i have disabled the 2 cores, and I played 2 games and still not freezed

I gonna stil playing and seeing, but it seems worked

EDIT1: I played one match a few minutes ago, and the game freezed and crashed after, i disabled the core in the msconfig, but i didn't tried to disable in the BIOS, and I'm not gonna try to. I will wait for a update.

Message 64 of 187 (1,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This feels like a big * you at this point. I don't want to * with my cpu that much... I'm willing to turn my graphics to absolute zero but asking me to go into my bios and disable working parts of my cpu, no thanks.

I was willing to pay for the undoubtedly nice looking skins to support the devs but I definitely will not spend money on a game that causes me this much frustration. What really hurts is that I love the game.

Message 65 of 187 (759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same damn issue, the game is really awesome, but is just impossible to play in this way.

FX-6300
GTX1060

Message 66 of 187 (897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I was wondering if we have an ETA on the fix for people with AMD 6300 CPUs? I have been trying everything to fix it with not progress. Do you have any tips or suggestions for when this will be fixed or what to try?

Message 67 of 187 (874 Views)

★ Guide

I played a lot of matches today with 4 cores, and i had 0 freezes and crashes in some 4 or 5h of gameplay. Without this process on msconfig it was all the time like in 1-2 minutes.

Only problem i had was to logging in to Origin Servers when start the game, sometimes there's some advise that Origin needs update, but sometimes the game just works.

Message 68 of 187 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SeaChanti Hi dude! So, this is probably gonna be fixed with an update, but if you ask me when... i don't know how to answer to you. All we have to do is wait, because those methods to "fix" the freeze/crash, they're not the best, and can bring bad performance to the game (lower fps)

Message 69 of 187 (851 Views)

★★★ Novice
@FireObstract Alright. Thank you anyway though. I really hope they fix it soon. I am the only one of the people I play with that have this problem.
Message 70 of 187 (839 Views)