Re: Game freezes, then looses connection to server (AMD FX-6300 related?)

by 7JG26Godman

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Where is that audio post? Link please

Message 131 of 187 (839 Views)

★ Guide
It's right here in the forum's my dude, it's called possible fix for timeout servers (fx series, posted by bogutundersaw. It seems that disabling your mic in game actually works, I played 4 hours with a friend, I was never able to do that before, plus six hours of solo play no crash. When I did not apply the windows audio stop fix, I crashed basically within the first game
Message 132 of 187 (834 Views)

Message 133 of 187 (832 Views)

★★★ Novice

Trust me brother..you would not want to play this game on a fx 6300. Even though the official minimum system requirements says that this game can run on a fx 4350. I think that is completely bs. This game won't even start on my secondary pc which has a fx 4100. Despite having a i5 8400 and a gtx 1060 I have to turn down some settings. I am using the video settings listed here. Also I got some performance boost after setting my max pre-rendered frames to 1 from the Nvidia control panel.

Message 134 of 187 (828 Views)

★ Guide
I play just fine on my fx 6300, I keep my settings on low for max frames anyway, which is in the hundreds so trust me if you have the fx cpu check out the link I posted, was able to play with a buddy for hours using teamspeak as comms, that was actually impossible before I tried the audio stop fix. Changed my game 500%
Message 135 of 187 (822 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Actually switching off the Windows Audio and then turning it on, after u starting the game, probably may help. Seems for me, I also had to lower my display definition for 1024*768, then get it a bit higher, but anyway. With this things I've been playing for 2 hours without any disconnects. 

Also don't forget to turn off Origin overlay in Origin's settings and in Apex settings in Origin's library

Message 136 of 187 (798 Views)

★★★ Novice

I seriously appreciate this so much. I don't know how to thank you. Standard smile :D

Message 137 of 187 (775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

why not.. i get solid 60fps. its enough for me atm. and btw i found fix for my freezes atleast.go msconifg boot options change processors to 4. no crashes since. ofc you dont wanna do that on anything else, so change it back when you are not playing this game

Message 138 of 187 (770 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nah, I dont drop below 60 frames with an FX-6350. I have it on low but i could probably increase it a bit wihtout dropping below 60.

Message 139 of 187 (695 Views)

Community Manager

We're seeing some positive results getting ride of the server timeout error from others in this post below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Possible-ea-server-timeout-fix-fx-series-works-in-game-to...

Blueberry.png
Message 140 of 187 (669 Views)