Game freezes, nobody panic... okay, panic a lot!

by Maximillion46

Original Post

Game freezes, nobody panic... okay, panic a lot!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone,

Hope I'm doing this right.

The last few days I've gone from playing the whole day (granted with some connection issues) to barely being able to open the firing range from Sunday evening on (and not being able to leave without forcing Apex to close).

Note: I almost always get into the menus, past the server selection screen. Apex has always been a bit 'random 14% packet loss' here, 'can't get back to lobby' there, especially with the control mode, but it's finally decided to make that 100% of the time.

I already contacted EA Help to check if anything was wrong with my account.

I have followed every single step on these forums and on unofficial websites.

I read that managers can ask for a DxDiag and stuff like that, but the EA Help lady, while kind and patient, did not ask for such things and offered the standard links

No disrespect, just wanted to show what I've tried so far.

I have:

- reinstalled Apex Legends completely twice

- Reinstalled my Nvidia driver twice (and then another time as just yesterday, a new version was released)

- I cleared every shader and temp cache I could find remotely connected to Apex or Nvidia, four times

- I reinstalled Easy Anti-Cheat five times or more

- I I repaired Apex Legends on Steam five times or more

- I disabled the shader cache of my Nividia card and re-enabled it, both to driver default and to unlimited

- Checked my ethernet cables and replugged them several times (Youtube, Discord, etc. works completely fine)

- I have linked up to every available server in Europe (Frankfurt 1 and 2, Belgium GCE 1-3, London, Amsterdam) for many, many attempts

- I repaired corrupted Windows files, so that's nice

- Flushed the DNS cache three times

- Logged into the monstrosity that is Origin, even updating it all the way from literally 5 years ago

- Synced my date and time several times (it ain't daylight savings yet, boys, oh joy) and put each language in Dutch (system, Origin, Steam, EA account), instead of beautiful English, so everything matches

- Lowered or completely dropped my graphics settings, yet Wraith is in 3 FPS as soon as the queue starts, while the rest of the menu positively sparkles with the fps I crave)

- Put +fps_max 60 in advanced booting options

- Turned off many things in Bitdefender and checked three times that it was allowing Apex and Easy anti-cheat (let's not completely turn off the anti-virus just yet)

- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz

- Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

- Played without Geforce Experience (deinstalled) and with, also tried to launch it from Geforce, always make it run as administrator

- Downloaded two Windows updates hot off the press

- Switched to borderless windowed mode

- Clean booted, still same issues (oddly enough, Discord still merrily launched)

Is this the universe saying PC's that are 3.5 years old are officially not allowed to play games on? I don't know, I just hope I'll have enough time to finish the battle pass if this does get fixed.Now I might actually have to touch grassFrown

Will put other stuff in an edit note when I think of it, going to bed.

Edit: Oh yeah, sometimes it says Net Channel Removed, sometimes code: clock, sometimes Apex doesn't bother and just sits there, staring at me until I get something to drink and return to the error code... or the same 3 fps menu. If I'm dead in 7 days, this must be the worst Ring remake ever.

Message 1 of 1 (227 Views)