Game freezes in battle - OnePlus

by sormajonny

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes in battle - OnePlus

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've been getting a lot of game crashes during battles lately. These are mainly PvP battles and these crashes have cost me few arena battles and this morning they cost me on first attempt bonus from GA as I would have won the battle. 

I run the game on Android.

Message 1 of 17 (3,611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezes in battle

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

For future posters, if the Troubleshooting steps have not improved the game freezes on your OnePlus device, please pop into this Bug Report thread, select 'Me Too' and join in the discussion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi @bonbonzito, just a heads up, your post has been merged in here. I've asked players to try the troubleshooting steps for Android to see if that helps, you're welcome to try them too. However, If they don't, please join this Bug report thread.

Thanks for looping back in @sormajonny and letting us know how you got on with the troubleshooting. Could you update the Bug Report thread "Game randomly freezes up during arena battles" please with that information? I've checked the Bug report and can see that they are trying to reproduce this issue on their end. Any additional information you can add to the Bug Report would help them. Standard smile  

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 15 of 17 (3,897 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
Are you sure your phone can run the game and you have enough free space left? Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Message 2 of 17 (3,507 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can run (OnePlus 5), plenty of free space(21GB). Haven't reinstalled, because it is not a constant problem but happens around once a week. Always in PvP battle. 

Has caused me to lose crystals in arena few times. 

Message 3 of 17 (3,501 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @sormajonny  sorry to hear that.

Can you perform some troubleshooting steps to see if that stops the game freezing up for you?: 

Please let me know how you get on with those steps.

__________________________________________________________________________________
For STAR WARS™: Galaxy Of Heroes players: It's good to save a copy of your Player ID or Ally code for again. Sometimes we may need to locate your account to help and these codes can help us to help you. The Player ID and Ally code can only be located from inside your game so if you are locked outside you will not be able to retrieve them. I'd always advise taking down a copy of both, just in case you ever need to provide it. Standard smile
_____________________________________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 17 (3,484 Views)

★ Novice

the game had a lag while doing fleet battle, i won the battle and pass to the 10 place some seconds before the payout but don't get the reward from the 10th place, only the 20-11 bracket reward that's annoying , and it's not the first time the game is doing this kind of things

Message 5 of 17 (3,389 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have been having the exact same issue, though it can occur during any battling (PvP, raids, TB, GA, etc.) and has been happening once or twice per day. I have a brand spankin' new OnePlus 6T (Android OS), with almost full available memory, and it's built and intended to be a gaming phone. I'm not doing the troubleshooting as laid out, as my phone is weeks old and is not the issue (same thing was occurring on my Galaxy S7, causing me to assume the phone was on its way out and subsequently dropping 600 bucks on a new phone). While this game looks great, I play one other game that is far more demanding as far as graphic/computing power is concerned, and have never had that game freeze on me.

I honestly have little hope that you folks will do anything to fix the obvious coding issue here, as if it's not widespread, there'd be little to no incentive for you to do so. However, why on Earth would you have not coded the game to recognize when it freezes/crashes vs. when a user exits the game mid-fight? This freezing issue just cost me a win against a GA opponent I should've been stomped by, but who's strategy was flawed. All I needed was a fleet victory and the round was mine to win, but it froze before the timer even appeared on screen. But, lo and behold, the game recognized it as an attempt, and therefore a loss (and loss of my best fleet squad).

Perhaps putting the devs to work in installing the necessary parameters for the game to recognize when it's crashed or frozen on its own would be a smart move, so tweaks wouldn't have to be made for certain phones/manufacturers, and so your players will never feel unfairly robbed by the game itself. It can be done. I used to play a similarly formatted game by Castle Games, a much smaller developer, and while not perfect, the game recognized when it caused its own crash/freeze and would allow the player to reattempt one--time-only PvP fights after restarting the app. No excuses if EA can't hack that as y'all absolutely have the resources and knowledge to do so, and it's disappointing to see your advice be to run basic troubleshooting that most tech savvy folks will try immediately before coming to make a complaint/submit a ticket.

I wonder how many paying folks you lost as players due to these types of annoyances? It makes me feel like never spending another dime on the game, and I (and folks like me who do submit the bug to you) at least have the decency to inform you of the issue in order to hopefully see it fixed. There's lots more out there who wouldn't bother, and would simply leave without so much as a word as to why.

Don't immediately assume user or equipment error, when in today's gaming environment devs are constantly updating and expanding their titles while not properly testing and fixing bugs. SWGOH has had this problem getting more and more constant over the last 6 months or so, and honestly the game will last much longer if you attempt to keep the folks that hand over their hard earned money to play it feeling like you're listening and rectifying bugs/glitches when they're brought to your attention).

Any help at all for this, or you going to tell me to troubleshoot the brand new phone? *If you do, you'll have one less customer come tomorrow morning.*

Message 6 of 17 (3,326 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Linking in my own issue here as well, since this is not an unique problem. Those random freeze ups could have probably costed me around 1000 crystals since December due to lost battles in the arena while climbing close to payout which often results in crystals used on arena refreshes or dropping out off price brackets Frown
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-randomly-freezes-up-during-arena-battles/m-p/7224187#M204...

Message 7 of 17 (3,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi,

@Razetheroof2012 wrote:

I'm not doing the troubleshooting as laid out, as my phone is weeks old and is not the issue

This board is for troubleshooting your issues, when you post in this section it is for troubleshooting advice. It's important to use the correct boards when posting so please do take a glance at this breakdown of the boards: "Our three Boards & How To Use Them". 

Troubleshooting doesn't mean your phone is an issue:

• It helps remedy most technical issues including glitches.
  • It also helps narrow down the potential root cause of the issue by eliminating issues troubleshooting would fix

So my advice here is to perform the troubleshooting steps I've shared above: 

@EA_Lanna wrote:

@chack71 I checked the Bug Report you've linked and can see that @CG_MindTricks has advised troubleshooting steps that may help with your issue. Have you tried these steps? 

@Razetheroof2012@sormajonny and @SpacemanKeknobycould you let me know how the troubleshooting worked for you? Has it helped with your issue? 

Thanks, 

Lanna

Message 8 of 17 (3,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Genuinely do not appreciate your condescending response, and it's issues such as seeing your "up-on-high" responses to folks' reported bugs and technical issues that is going to cost your company loyal customers, myself being one of them if you guys keep this garbage up. I'm tech-savvy, and as such don't need to be told to try a fresh install of a game if I'm having issues with it. However, when I report having the same issue as others who've been instructed to do the same, and with no luck once they have, I'm not going to waste my personal time to continue attempting to do a "fix" that has been reported many times over to not work.

Just today I've noticed there are other bug reports that have popped up using my exact same phone, with multiple folks pinging each one as having the same problems, and yet none of them have gotten a response from you guys other than "try these troubleshooting steps...". It's getting old, and it makes you guys look lazy and amateurish. But of course, the important thing is making sure we don't level any criticism your way here on the bug reports, not to acknowledge there's an issue or what the devs are actively doing to fix the issue.

No worries, I'm done reporting bug feedback on this issue. In fact, I'm done with SWGOH. It's been a fun ride up until it cost me buying a $600 phone to find out your game's broken, and the 6 month old phone I replaced wasn't. Thanks, have a great life, and take heart knowing EA has lost another PITA customer expecting a game that works fully. EA doesn't seem to be in that market any longer, and it's a shame...been an EA customer since 1990 on the Sega Genesis, but this fiasco is my last go around.

Oh, and to answer your question: no, no, the idiotic troubleshooting we're told to do does not work, AND HASN'T SINCE THE FIRST ISSUES WERE REPORTED TO YOU BACK IN DECEMBER.

If there's any issue with my posting this here, no worries if it's removed, I'm saving my response and screen shots of this little chat, and will be sending a complaint directly to EA about the attitudes and dismissive nature of some of the moderators working on answers.ea.com.

Message 9 of 17 (3,201 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_LannaI even went through the troubleshooting guide before I posted my first message about the freeze ups back in December, and again after the message from @CG_MindTricks 

After that the freeze ups still came back without other patterns than those I've mentioned before, but seldom more than 1 -2 times a week, depending on how much I was playing. For some reason they've increased in magnitude the latest weeks, and I've had 2 so far today (screen shots in my own report). This only happens in swgoh and not in other mobile games, even though other games are more graphic intensive so I suspect there's a intricate bug somewhere. 

Message 10 of 17 (3,195 Views)