Game freezes every match (season 2)

by FDM_Warlord

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes every match (season 2)

★★★ Novice

This is an issue that has started occurring since i downloaded my season 2 patch.

I have played about 8 games so far, and the issue has occurred in every since match since the patch.

What happens first, is that my audio will cut out in the game, so that the only sound i can hear, is footsteps, and in game party chat. I can no longer hear any other sounds. I cant hear gun fire, switching guns, sliding, zip lining. I cannot hear anything, other than footsteps. After this, my game will freeze in about 1-2 minutes. It happens at different points in the game. Ive had it happen right away. Ive had it happen end game. But as soon as the audio cuts out, i know my game will freeze, so i warn my team mates. This has happened on 100% of my games since season 2. If it matters, im playing ranked league games.

At the moment, the game is 100% unplayable, considering i cannot finish a match.

Im still making league progress from my kills.

If you need more info, just ask.

Message 1 of 5 (359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezes every match (season 2)

★★★ Novice

The game was installed on my internal. I dont use an external. I reinstalled the game 3 times. The 3rd time i am now finally able to play the game. The difference between the 3rd and the 1st & 2nd, was that the 3rd time i initialized my ps4 with it. I am able to play now, and i have no had the issue since then.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (258 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@FDM_Warlord 

Have you tried right-clicking on the game in Origin to select "repair?" 

What audio playback device do you have set in your audio settings once the game is launched?

Can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (316 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry bud, i did forget to mention im on ps4, so i cannot right click to do anything with the game. 

And im using turtle beaches stealth pro 700s, but ive always had these headphones, and never had a problem with them before.

Message 3 of 5 (310 Views)

Community Manager

@FDM_Warlord 

If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues. 

Have you tried reinstalling it? If not and you use an external, see if installing it to the internal yields better performance. We can narrow down whether it could be related to that we'll need to be aware of.

What are your audio settings set to under your PlayStation system?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)

★★★ Novice

The game was installed on my internal. I dont use an external. I reinstalled the game 3 times. The 3rd time i am now finally able to play the game. The difference between the 3rd and the 1st & 2nd, was that the 3rd time i initialized my ps4 with it. I am able to play now, and i have no had the issue since then.

Message 5 of 5 (259 Views)