Game freezes/crashes loading into character select

by cgee3

Original Post

Re: Game disconnects me and crashes my whole computer

Community Manager

@Lealmin 

I'm afraid your CPU is below the minimum system requirements to run Apex Legends, thus I can't guarantee you won't run into any technical or connectivity issues. It's possible you are suffering from some connectivity issues based off what you first said, I would try some basic connection troubleshooting and check to see if you have Killer Control Center below.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Killer Control Center

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Apex-Legends-random-Freezing-rubber-band-lag/m-p/7435194#M195

Apex Legends PC Requirements

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/about/pc-system-requirements

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 30 (3,983 Views)

★ Apprentice
Already did all the troubleshooting stuff as I stated before. I don't recall this happening before the 1.0 Update, before this update my game would crash at any given point in the game, including the menu IIRC, now the game doesn't crashes but instead disconnects me out of every single place. I know my CPU is * and I have no way to upgrade it right now, and if it seems to be a disconnection problem I highly doubt it has anything to do with my CPU, probably.

I don't know how to select a server and see my ms and packet loss, the button just sometimes appears after I get disconnected. I've already talked with my ISP and they said that "the problem was fixed", it obviously isn't because I still have it; I just got disconnected 5 times in 3 minutes... WHILE IN THE MENU!

Once again, I don't experience this is any other game apart from Apex Legends, I very rarely have any packet loss in other games and since I can't check my ping and/or packet loss in game I can't tell if that's the actual problem or not (but it possibly is).

Now, apart from that thing which is about to make me unninstall the game; the servers aren't good, at all: Many times the whole server works in slow motion or they lag for everyone, and I can confirm this is not just me because my teammates talk about these lags and stuff. I played in the South American servers located in Sao Paulo, so would you mind checking on that? It's cancerous how bad some of these servers work.
Message 22 of 30 (3,948 Views)

★ Apprentice
Just lost the last 3vs3 to win because the gme decided to disconnect me right there and then.

Thanks for so much Apex Legends.
Message 23 of 30 (3,928 Views)

Character select freeze screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been having no problem with this game up until the last three days. The game would freeze right before allowing me to choose my champion, or directly after. There is no crash code it just freezes. This has happened for every single game lately and has rendered the game unplayable. I can’t force close it, I can’t even switch windows or tabs. I have to manually turn on and off my computer to do anything. I have been doing fine all the way until recently so I don’t know whether or not it’s client side, also this only happens in Apex and no other game 

Message 24 of 30 (3,963 Views)

crashing when selecting the new character, crypto

★★★ Newbie

at the loading screen when we are selecting legends. my game freezes when crypto plays his ready up animation .then i have to forcefully shut the game down and restart.

Message 25 of 30 (3,933 Views)

Apex Legends Crashing at Character Selection

★★★ Newbie

Hello. So I have been having problems recently with APEX. Whenever a match is found, and I get to character selection, the game will sometimes freeze (and I mean bad to the point where I have to restart/shut down my computer in-order-to get the game to close). Season 1 had no issues of this sort but ever since I've been playing season 2 is when the character selection freeze has started to occur. It usually will freeze once-twice in about a 2hr span and is really annoying (sometimes it just keeps happening no matter how many times I restart/shut down my computer). It sometimes happens when I get to the champions for the match I'm in too. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

What I've tried so far:

1.) Repairing the game/game files through origin launcher - never solved anything.

2.) Uninstalling origins and game - this seemed to work for a while (2-3 days) but I am unsure as to why it began to freeze again and I'm not sure if it has something to do with game vilations that I occasionally get from trying to close the game or what the deal is.

3)"Updating" the game and my drivers - pretty much did nothing to my knowledge.

Thank you again

Message 26 of 30 (3,946 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Crashing at Character Selection

Community Manager

@hariheka  @Lealmin @VaasFenix 

Can you attach a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs?

Thanks for including what steps you've already tried, @VaasFenix 

When you're playing do you have any other programs running in the background like MSI Afterburner or Discord? Do you have Origin In-Game enabled?

Blueberry.png
Message 27 of 30 (3,895 Views)

★★ Novice

Well once the new season released it no longer happens so I am thinking it was temporary however my system specs are as follows:

intel core I5 7400

8 GB ram 

GTX 1060 3gb

it has happened before in the past but not as abundant as recently, however since I haven't experienced it since I've been on here I am hoping that is over with 

Message 28 of 30 (3,853 Views)

Re: Game freezes/crashes loading into character select

★★★ Newbie

@cgee3 have you found a resolution to this issue?  This same problem started for me just three days ago and its really irritating not being able to play.  EA???  HELP???

Message 29 of 30 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well i had the same issue

i did two things

1. Reset game settings

2. I have radeon GPU so i turned off some options for performance acceleration which helped me to choose my characters again.

Message 30 of 30 (1,327 Views)