Re: Game freezes, crashes, audio glitches, and so on. Reinstalling doesn't help.

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Game freezes, crashes, audio glitches, and so on. Reinstalling doesn't help.

★ Novice

I was playing rainbow six siege and it crashed really bad (dots on the screen, desktop stretched) and I tried playing apex afterwards and it didn't work.

The textures and models take a long time to load when I launch. Then the audio cuts out and glitches. When I enter the game, it will dc once or twice, then it will work normally except the draw distance is extremely low.

I tried reinstalling the game, origins, even windows. Nothing seems to help. I contacted ea support and they walked me through deleting some files to rest origin and it didn't help.

Any ideas how to fix this? Could this be a hardware problem? Or did the rainbow six crash mess up something deep in my software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (408 Views)

Re: Game freezes, crashes, audio glitches, and so on. Reinstalling doesn't help.

Community Manager

Hi @Mayahnaiz

When you've got the chance could you post your DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more details on how to pull it up over at the EA Help site

Once you have the text file you can attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (371 Views)

★ Novice

Here you go Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (363 Views)

Community Manager

@Mayahnaiz

Thanks! I appreciate that. 

Looking through the Diagnostics section in the DxDiag you attached I'm seeing a handful of MpTelemetry errors. This can often point to issues with security or antivirus software. Did you recently install any new security programs or make any changes to the ones you already had installed? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (294 Views)

★ Novice

I don’t believe I did, no. Could the crash have messed up what I already had installed?

Message 5 of 6 (282 Views)

Community Manager

@Mayahnaiz 

It's possible that something might have become corrupted during the crash. I'm wondering if it might be an issue with the graphics driver. 

When you've got a chance can you try a clean uninstall and reinstall of your drivers to see if that helps at all? For more info check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still running into any of the same issues after that. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (241 Views)