Game freezes/crashes after every match

by GarnAsche22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes/crashes after every match

★★ Novice

Everytime I finish a match and the game goes into loading screen for the next map the game gets stuck. The screen freezes completely and I cant do anything with the pc anymore (no alt+f4 or crtl+alt+del  etc.) so I have to restart the pc. Also I get no Error reports or anything. This keeps happening to me since the game has launched. No patch or anything has helped so far. These are the things I've already tried to fix the issue: 
- repair the game via origin

- perform hard reset
- uninstall + reinstall

- uninstall + reinstall on ssd instead of hdd

- update GPU drivers

- lower video settings

- enable/disable DirecX12

- adjust audio settings (read that enabling "3D Headphones" can cause crashes too)

GPU is a Radeon RX580, CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600.

Has anynone experienced a similar issue and/or knows how to fix? 

Message 1 of 8 (1,004 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezes/crashes after every match

Hero (Retired)

Hey @GarnAsche22

This is a known issue, and should hopefully be fixed in an upcoming Update/Patch(See image below):

AMD.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vclld/battlefield_vs_known_issues_list/

Let us know if the workarounds listed there work for you.

Thanks Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (937 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Also for my Intel system there is a long time it responds bad the game while is loading. However the system should always respond to system commands during this.

- Have you tested other games?

- Is the system overclocked, temps oké?

- Have you installed the AMD Ryzen chipset drivers?

- Is the motherboard BIOS up to date and or modified in any way?

- Do you have a wireless keyboard, try connecting to a different port (USB 2.0 or 3.0) and or updating all USB ports drivers.

- How is the power supply, enough juice?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 8 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Other games like fifa 19, PUBG or Mass Effect Andromeda work fine. But I just tried BF1 and it seems to have the very same problem. The cpu is over clocked. Temps are all fine. Chipset drivers installed and up to date just like motherboard BIOS. Energy supply has 750w should be more than enough. Also no wireless devices connected. Changing ports and updating drivers didn't help either.

This is really weird. It seems like my pc only wants Battlefield not to work. I'm starting to get really frustrated.

Message 3 of 8 (942 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @GarnAsche22

This is a known issue, and should hopefully be fixed in an upcoming Update/Patch(See image below):

AMD.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vclld/battlefield_vs_known_issues_list/

Let us know if the workarounds listed there work for you.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★ Novice

But shouldn't at least BF1 work then? Or does Battlefield generally have issues with AMD hardware? Anyways thanks for your answer. I hope this issue gets patched soon and maybe that EA will someday release their games when they're finished and playable for everyone. No wonder the companies reputation is that bad... 

Message 5 of 8 (911 Views)

★★ Novice

sadly i forget what feed i was on concerning this last but let it be known, windows firewall is ubertarded so go in and manually reset permission for bfv and so far so good for me no more post game freezer

Message 6 of 8 (865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I seem to have this problem after every game on the Xbox One X - I click 'X' to continue and it shows the loading screen of the map just played with 2 spinning icons in the top right hand corner, I have just done the latest upgrade but it is still not working. It also doesn't help that I have a useless amount of MBPS to play the game as I am on ADSL2+ (5mbps) and have to wait another year for our provider to install Fibre Cable Network

Message 7 of 8 (745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same but on Xbox...not me my friend has this problem on his xbox, and he can close the app via home screen and open it back up and play another game, then he does it again when it freezes again, sometimes it will be one match and sometimes it will be after 3, and sometimes it doesn’t.

Message 8 of 8 (697 Views)