Game freezeing at random for no noticeable reason

by Caliberrrrs

Original Post

Re: Game freezeing at random for no noticeable reason

Community Manager

@Caliberrrrs 

Sounds good. Just update here when you can. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 18 (327 Views)

★ Apprentice

Will do, thanks.

Message 12 of 18 (319 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

I currently play on Wireless. I don't have access to the router from where I am so this is the only option for me. It doesn't seem like a connection issue as it isn't constant, and other games I play work fine. It only appears to start hitching when other players are nearby, and as some have noted, while looting. 

Message 13 of 18 (303 Views)

Community Manager

@DMHSutter 

Wireless is the number one reason for lag and disconnects. Especially when you're too far from the router for a wire. If at all possible, I'd recommend getting on a wired connection.

That said, we are investigating the reports of lag. Please keep an eye on our official channels for updates.

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 18 (293 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

I probably won't be able to do that anytime soon to test, but I do understand wired connections are more secure. However, I didn't start running into this type of issue until after the launch of the new season, so I assumed it was server side (which would make sense). I just wanted to add my voice to the crowd so Respawn could fully understand the severity of the issue, and possibly help find a solution.

Message 15 of 18 (290 Views)

★ Novice

Im on wireless and play on xbox one s haven't really had any problems with disconnects or lag at all. If anything when i play now it feels like a render issue or fps issue. Because when i go to the city my game stutters and freezes sometimes for a good 3-4 seconds. And its only really been in like areas with alot of buildings etc if i land somewhere far away with like 2 buildings and such it usually wont stutter much

Message 16 of 18 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Clearing the mac address didn't do anything unfortunately.

Edit I'll make another reply with a clip of it stuttering

Message 17 of 18 (242 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same issue, uninstalled and reinstalled, now using an Ethernet cable although internet WiFi speeds checked out and I did clear my address. Still has the issue. My biggest issue about it that is completely not fair is I keep getting abandonment penalties in ranked points and it’s up to a three hour lock out penalty.  So at this point even if I fix it I am locked out.  Please let us know what we can do to resolve this. Thanks 

Message 18 of 18 (238 Views)