Original Post

Game freeze when you exit out of mailbox

★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? tomkrugis92
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play career mode, open mailbox, and then exit out of it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes, but with access to Catalogue and with background animations
What should be happening instead? Game should continue like normal.

So, I have a bug, that is incredibly annoying. 

When I play career mode, as manager, check the mailbox and exit out of it with the circle button, the game just freeze. 

This can happen from ealy in the game, like the first few months, or later in the game, like a season or two in to the game. Seems to be random.

FYI, this have happened to all of my career saves, which is with Chelsea, Stoke and Real Madrid. 

• With Chelsea, the game froze a couple of days after the first transfer window had closed.
  • With Stoke, the game froze around middle second season.
  • With Real Madrid, the game froze in the first few days when I recieved the first transfer offer. 

When the game freeze, its just the background visible, with the upper right info bar showing (lvl, username, coins and shopping cart). The background have the lighting animation going, and I can access the catalogue and navigate in it just fine. When I exit out of the catalogue, the normal menu in career mode shows for just a millisecond, and goes gray and scews up in the left hand corner of the screen.

I have attached an image of the screen. It shows how it looks when I exit out of the catalogue while the game is frozen.

I have to force quit the game from PS menu and start it up again. Very annoying if you havent saved the game for a while. 

Message 1 of 5 (126 Views)

Re: Game freeze when you exit out of mailbox

★★★★ Novice
A little update:

The same thing just happened now when the transfer window was ending. When i pressed continue from 01:00 to 00:00 hours left. I guess thats when it automatically goes to the inbox maby? Cant remember. But yeah, the exact same freeze, just the background with animation, and access to the catalogue.

So I guess this proves that it can happen going in to the inbox, not just when you exit from it.
Message 2 of 5 (115 Views)

★★ Newbie

Same thing with me on PS4 career mode. Game has freezed at menu exiting an email sent and at half time during a match! So frustrating. 

Why cant EA ever release a game that has been rigously tested? Same thing every year. 

Message 3 of 5 (104 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exactly the sae over here. It freezed exactly after the transfer window ends. When you get out of the inbox it gets freezed.

And if you manage to avoid the inbox and just go to next match, it happens in the halftime.

Message 4 of 5 (70 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

So the new update arrived.

Did I miss something, or was this issue resolved? I could not see anything in the patch notes, but I might have overlooked something. 

If not, I guess its such an issue that requires some time to resolve. 

Message 5 of 5 (38 Views)
Twitter Stream