Game freeze when opening my inventory.

by InvaderD0c

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freeze when opening my inventory.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I started playing since season 0 but never had the issue until season 7. It fixed itself at some point but recently returned.

The freeze takes around 1.5 to 2 seconds and make armor switching basically impossible.

Message 1 of 10 (2,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freeze when opening my inventory.

Community Manager

@InvaderD0c 

Much appreciated!

It sounds like this is most likely connection related, so I think that would be the best direction to go with our troubleshooting. When you have the chance can you try running through the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website to see if that helps? 

If you're still running into any issues after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Please let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (2,614 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @InvaderD0c

Which platform are you playing on? Are you seeing any of the in-game performance icons popping up when this happens? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am playing on PC through steam.
I don't recall seeing any of the icons when the inventory freeze is happening but I do get the packet loss icon sometimes but usually it only lasts for a single match/doesn't carry over to the next one while the freeze bug persists through most of them.

Thanks in advance for looking into this btw.

Message 3 of 10 (2,797 Views)

Community Manager

@InvaderD0c 

Got it, thanks!

I'd like to try running through some troubleshooting to see if there's anything we can do to stop this from happening. First, if you haven't already can you try repairing Apex Legends to see if that makes any difference? If you're playing through Origin you can right-click on the game in your Library, and you'll see a Repair option when the menu pops up. 

If you're using Steam try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. You can find more information on how to verify the files at the Steam Support website

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (2,749 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi sorry. The issue still occours after following your suggestion.

Message 5 of 10 (2,718 Views)

Community Manager

@InvaderD0c

No worries, thank you for following up!

When you have the chance can you share a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more information on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (2,665 Views)

★★ Novice

Here you go.

Message 7 of 10 (2,651 Views)

Community Manager

@InvaderD0c 

Much appreciated!

It sounds like this is most likely connection related, so I think that would be the best direction to go with our troubleshooting. When you have the chance can you try running through the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website to see if that helps? 

If you're still running into any issues after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Please let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (2,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! This problem has always occurred, and it is most definitely not a connection issue.

Message 9 of 10 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue is not solved and still appearing in apex. Pls fix this

Message 10 of 10 (916 Views)