Re: Game freeze and disconnect server

by droctet

Original Post

Game freeze and disconnect server

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have a big problem with Battlefield V.

It's been a while that every day playing I have freezes of several seconds then the game returns to normal, I do not speak of a freeze of a second or two, but freeze that lasts sometimes 10 - 15 seconds. Often, this is followed by a disconnection to the server.

It's very frustrating in despair I formatted windows yesterday, then retested and that did not solve the problem, still freezes of several seconds.

I also have a big problem when I receive notifications of messages on origin or steam for example, it also freezes the game.

Am I the only one ?

Here is a video example that perfectly illustrates the scale of the problem: https://streamable.com/5tjru

For my configuration here it is:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

CPU Intel i7 6700k

32 GB RAM 2400 Mhz

RTX 2080 Ti Founder Edition

SSD M.2 NVMe Pioneer APS-SE20G - 1 To Read/Write performance : Up to 3400 MB/s and 3000 MB/s

Sorry for my english I use google translator

Thank you for your help

Message 1 of 11 (940 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Ive seen this before only not in BFV so far. BFV will demand most of the system and will fail if set to high for the time being perhaps under strain. Let check a few things and maybe test some other games if possible?

First:.: There is one known issue were if RTX is on holing an armored plate will cause a 2/5 second freeze??

-update windows and BFV && repair game files

-check task manager for resource information (100% load, extreme memory use etc..)

-check Windows device manager for any exclamation marks pointing to failing or uninstalled devices

-update your motherboard chipset software driver

-check drive files ( degrag or trim HDD/SSD) & quality (run checkdisk & use the SFC command utility )

-Update Nvme driver and SSD firmware

-remove overclocks of memory (XMP) CPU and such

-check temperatures of all components  CPU & GPU etc

-clean all components  like GPU and CPU coolers

-update and reset BIOS

-need help with above steps? just ask & good luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 11 (903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, thank you for your reply, I had a freeze + disconnect with all network information that you can see here https://streamable.com/k5cmx

At first, I had these problems and I repaired the files of BFV, it did not work, I reinstalled the game, it did not work. so I totally formatted Windows 10, so I'm on a clean installation with the latest update and therefore a clean installation of BFV, it still has not solved the problem.

- check drive files -> everything is ok

- nvme is already in the latest version

- no overclock on processor or graphics card

- BIOS is already in the latest version

- windows device manager is ok

- I do not have a temperature problem

I will look next time the percentage of CPU and graphics card used but that also seems quite correct in my memories

I will also disable the windows 10 game bar that I have been using for a very long time now and with which I have never had a problem. I use it every day.

Message 3 of 11 (889 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Result: Disable the game bar of windows does not change anything, I always freezes and disconnect server.
My in-game CPU usage is 65% and my GPU usage is around 35%.
So I come back to the starting point and I have no solution to solve my problem.

Message 4 of 11 (850 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sorry that did not help. Lets move on to the network problems now that its quite clear the PC is 'oké'. Could you have a look at the next network trouble shooting, hope it helps

Have you tried another cable cat5 / cat6

set nic speed to 1GB if possible in combo with router / modem

reset modem router configuration, disable WiFi, uPnP, Quick paths && port forwarding

EA Network troubleshooter

EA tcp/udp port for connection trouble shooting

EA UO Trace

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 5 of 11 (839 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am connected in Ethernet, I have 1 Giga fiber, connected by a category 6 cable directly connected to my internet box. I live alone. On the other hand, I can confirm that this does not come from a problem of connection because I am regularly watching a stream on twitch on my second screen or while I am in conversation vocal on steam / origin / discord, it does not disconnect anything , only the game.

Thank you for your help btw

Message 6 of 11 (829 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @droctet.

Would you be able to share your UO Trace here? I'd like to take a look to see if there's something between you and our servers that may be causing the hiccup.

Also, since you did mention that overlay notifications may cause some of them, could you please try disabling the overlays for Origin, Steam, Discord and any other overlays you might have running with your game? I'd like to see if it improves performance for you.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 7 of 11 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer, I do not know if what you ask me with UO Trace will be good I followed the tutorial of the site on EA so tell me if I did something that is not correct. I was not in play at the time of the test I do not know if it changes anything.

Regarding the notifications of messages by my friends, after formatting windows, I did not have freezes any more. So the problem is solved on this side.

[CM Edit: Removed UO Trace after review. Thanks for the info!]

Message 8 of 11 (796 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Today I had a freeze + a crash of the game, in the folder "crash_dumps" of Battlefield V, I have a log that I can not upload here because I am told that the extension is not supported . It's a .mdmp file, how can I send it?

crash bfv.png

Message 9 of 11 (762 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @droctet.

That's great to hear that the notifications are no longer freezing the game. Are you still getting the random freezes and disconnects that weren't prompted by a notification? Other than the one that generated the crash dump, that is.

I am a little worried about the hops in the middle having 100% packet loss, which could be where the hiccup lies. I would reach out to your ISP. While your direct connection looks great, ISPs have the ability to reach out to the backbone hubs that may be having issues.

As for the dump file, we shouldn't need that here on the forums. However, you are welcome to send this information via EA Help case, which should allow it to attach. Do you recall what you were doing at the time it froze/crashed?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 10 of 11 (681 Views)